First good hunt in a while ! In situation Gold ! Heavy silver watch chain ! More

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been getting out very much lately due to my tennis elbow, working 6 days a week and just being plain busy with family and friends. I had already scouted this site out a little while back and was waiting for more favorable conditions to hit it . .Two and a half days of rain softened this hillside wooded park area just right .I was getting a lot of signals and I was finding more clad mixed with Wheaties and Indians than I thought I would on this fairly steep in town slope . After 4 and a half hours I ended up with 8 early Wheaties 1- 1909, 1-1914, 1-1916 , 1 1917 , 1- 1918 2- 1919's and a 1925 . Three Indian head pennies, 1- 1892 , 1- 1895 , and 1- 1904 . One 1906 V nickel in bad shape . I figured the find of the day was going to be the heavy sterling silver watch chain marked ( W W C ). Which is the trademark of William Walter Cashmore. Who was in bussiness as a Silversmith, in Birmingham England from 1908- 1933 . I found this in the same hole as two Wheaties and one Indian head penny. The chain weighed in at 26.2 grams :icon_sunny: . It was my best find until I spotted the gold ring still sitting a little out of the ground . It seemed that I eyeballed and detected it with my machine simultaneously . Turns out to be a 1945 Cheverus high school class ring weighing in at 7.5 grams .Marked Balcor 10K :icon_sunny: on the inside . No name inscription on the ring so it might be tough to track down the owner . I also found two lead seals 1-marked B&M . Boston & Maine Railroad Seal and the other marked " NYC HRRR " .New York City, Hudson River Railroad Seal . A few buckle pieces , another small piece of silver jewelry . A gold plated cufflink with a Saxon cross design on it. and my second Portland Railroad button this year and third one overall. The strangest find of the day was the pewter temple piece . I found one similar to this one last year. The one I found last year was made of brass not pewter . I am going to post them both in what is it and see if we can figure out exactly what these temples were for Thanks for looking MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_2066.JPG
    IMG_2066.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_2069.JPG
    IMG_2069.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 979
  • IMG_2062.JPG
    IMG_2062.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,587
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 985
  • IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 997
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 991
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to see you back with the usual great finds MR. That nice ring would fetch some nice gas money for future hunts. Coins are cool too. HH, Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven & Spartan shovels, Grey Ghost headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic said:
ModernMiner said:
Congrats on the gold ring & silver Maine! :hello2: A lot of very nice recoveries there. Great variety. :thumbsup:
Is that a button with Marilyn Monroe in the first picture? :icon_scratch:
-Doug-
M.R. Thanks Doug ! I had to go back outside and look at that button and I think you are right ! It is Marylin Monroe ! It says " The Seven year Itch " Which I believe is a Movie she starred in ! Here is a better pic of your girl Doug ! M.R.

Thanks M.R. I know my women. Especially the ones that itch. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Great finds. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs M.R. Hope your elbow improves soon.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
I was wondering when that next good post was coming. Nice finds!
I was hind of wonderind that too ! and then it just happened ! M.R.
johnnyblaze said:
Wow what a killer hunt..

You cant ask for more variety than that :icon_thumleft:

Blaze
Thanks Johnny ! I had fun ! :icon_sunny: M.R.
Roland58 said:
That's a great day in anyone's book..........especially, mine!! Congrats on a great haul!
Thanks Roland :thumbsup: MaineRelic
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
WOW, BIG Silver and Gold, WTG !!
Great hunt.
I like the ring but the english silver watch chain will be cherished :icon_sunny:
cntrydncr1 said:
wow that was an awesome hunt. love the old ring!
Thanks Countrydancer ! M.R.
baspinall said:
Nice old ring you found there.
Thanks Baspinall ! M.R.
High Plains Digger said:
I want a pin back button like that!

Sucks to be you--now you have to go out and buy a watch for that great chain. Unless you find one quick.
I have a german silver " not sterling" pocketwatch I found last year . I may try to unpack it . M.R.
{Sentinel} said:
That's a great insitu photo you got there MaineRelic. I like it, and Gold too. :icon_thumleft: :wink:
Another little perk to this M-ding is photography ! What a great hobby we have :thumbsup: MaineRelic
Antiquarian said:
Just amazing finds there MaineRelic! :hello2:

That's a fantastic spot you've got there! :notworthy:

Look forward to seeing your future finds! :thumbsup:

Dave
Thanks Dave ! This ring is nothing compared to your avitar ring :o I have yet to find any gold with ice ! But I will keep trying :o! :wink: MaineRelic
LukeTHr said:
looks like a super day !! Congratulations. :thumbsup:
It was a super day ! Thanks Luke :hello: M.R.
VOL1266-X said:
Glad to see you back with the usual great finds MR. That nice ring would fetch some nice gas money for future hunts. Coins are cool too. HH, Quindy.
I may sell the ring but I will definetly hang on the nice silver watch Albert ! :icon_sunny: M.R.
sscindercoop said:
sweet!!!!!! That watch chain is awesome :icon_thumleft:
Thanks coop it was nice to see it come out of the ground :icon_sunny: M.R.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold chain on the beach like that last year. I was detecting and I looked down and there it was. Nice bunch of Indians also. :icon_thumright:

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Marilyn Monroe dress just recently sold at auction for 4.6 million. It must be nice having 5 million burning a hole in your pocket. A great site and group of finds. It's just too hot to hunt down here in Mississippi (at least for me) so keep showing those finds. I like that chunk of silver!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir , very , very nice haul of goodies for this time of the year MR :icon_sunny: :P 8) :headbang: gold ring , silver chain , Portland RR button , gotta like those digs :thumbsup: dawg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread