Searched two civil war sites!

dirty digger dude

May 16, 2011
I got nothing. :icon_scratch: Drove 100 miles to 2 known civil war sites and found exactly nothing to post. >:( I did find a whopping 49 cent in clad. I even switched to all metal mode and all that turned up was a modern dinner fork. I am seriously thinking about quitting completely. I have a club meeting in 2 days and again I have to show up with not a single item worth showing off.

Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
DirtyDiggerDude,Hang in there brother,you don't hit everytime,but when you do WWWHHHOOOAAA!!!!!HH

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Hang in there! I know how you feel though. I have found nothing but junk and clad so far BUT I still had a good time and I know there's still a lot of good stuff out there.

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Hang in there man, don't quit! I will tell you this, it is all about location. If the goodies aren't there, you won't find them. Being on this website is great, but it has also skewed my expectations. Almost anyone can find silver/gold/relics if they have the proper area to look or better yet virgin territory. The key for you is to start knocking on doors, looking at old maps and stay patient. While you may never have the luck of others on here, I'd take more pride knowing my spots were obtained by hard work and perseverance rather than by the almighty dollar and happenstance!

Good luck and keep your chin up :icon_thumleft:

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
See you said that the 2 civil war sites were "known", see thats the problem, they were "known" probaly by alot of people so it was wiped out! Hang in there, I've been in alot of downs and then you find the big one. Keep your head held high and your coil low!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
known CW spots are often "heavily worked / hit spots" -- a bit of research to find lesser known smaller skirmish spots often helps to find a spot with something left to find. :wink: :icon_thumright:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nothing of significance my first whole year of detecting. Old maps changed all that for me. now I have a sweet collection.

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state are you in dude? I may can look at some of my old notes and research etc. to see if I have anything that matches up close to your area?

Scott

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Im in a bad slump also, only thing found this year so far , other than junk and clad 1 wheat penny hang in there you'll hit soon

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Took me almost a year to find something to get excited about when I started. It will take time to learn that some areas are alot better than others, what I mean by that is you will learn that in hunted out sites you must think outside the box, like hunt the really thickly grown up areas, or right up next to a fence or next to the road. Try to spot the places others might not try. We had a nice CS camp once that most everyone was about to give up on, we took an guy in there that had been relic hunting alot longer than us and he jumped into the thickest pile of brush and stickers in the camp he could find and came out a little bloody but he was holding 3 very nice CS staff buttons. We all felt like idiots. Don't give up, try something else like swimming beaches maybe, kind of mix it up and sooner or later you will be on here showing off something really nice. GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread