Weeks finds from boy scout camp! Including weekends before!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys i am sorry i havnt been online a lot. I have been at camp for a week. So we have no internet access. I tried to metal detect a lot when i was there! It paid off big time! I am so happy with my detecting trip. So anyways here is the story. It will be long so please keep reading. As you know my printer is being stupid so its not scanning anyway here goes the story.

Ok i went to camp on sunday looking forward to hunting a lot of places around camp. When i got to camp i was really happy to find out the date when the camp was created 1919! :o ! I didnt get to hunt for all the campsites since we wernt alloud to walk into other peoples camps. Lots of people there but i didnt care i still detected. I started with my campsite. Man i was so happy i got a lot of money out of it probably $2-3 in change from the campsite.

But i hunted around the SMG (Silver marmet grill) Which is the oldest spot in camp. I got Lots of money out of it! But my first hit was promising! I GOT MY OLDEST WHEAT PENNY! IT WAS A 1939 WHEAT PENNY! :o I WAS SO SHOCKED! Everyone in my boy scout troop congratulated me on my oldest find. I was super shocked though. I was so close to silver each time i hunted the SMG. The SMG is now a trading post where all the kids go to buy candy and snacks. So i knew that i would have good luck! Silver must of been 3-4 years away from silver. I was getting mostly 1960's and 1970's dimes. Which then i knew i had to find silver but none came up this trip.

So anyways everyone at camp was asking me questions about metal detecting. So it was hard to anwser them all. They looked pretty pleased that i was hunting the camp. I thought they would be mad but i was totally surprised. I went for BSA lifeguard certification but i didnt get it. My totals for clad was really good. I am like the Clad master of the west!! I was surprised that i didnt get any jewerly. Which was odd since it was a boy scout camp. Ok Now that you have been all hoping to see how much clad i got for a week. I will tell you. I got $7.15!!!! New record for me!

Totals:
1 Saq coin (first dollar coin but i didnt detect it i found it on the ground)
8 quarters
22 dimes
18 nickels
73 pennies
1 1939 wheat penny :) ;D
2 canadian pennies
2 fired bullets
a button
a zipper
2 fishing weights
2 iron button things
one zipper thing that looks like a fish
two twist nobs to something
2 miceslanious object

Anyway camp was really fun! I had a fun time hunting it and trying to make BSA lifeguard which i didnt. But makin $7.15 was great for detecting!

THe weekend before Camp i went to a beach on mercer island that my dad told me about. it started slow but it wasworth it! Also found 2 game tokens i dont know what they are from. They say zones on the front then they say non-negogitable game token.

totals:
1958 wheat!!! ;D
2 game tokens
2 quarters
1 dime
1 nickel
12 pennies
1 fishing weight
and another key!
also found a headphone jack at a elementary school.

I hope everyone hunted this week and will get to hunt this weekend. Theres my update!

Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Nice job Freak! Congrats, I nominate you this weeks KING O' CLAD!!! Unfortunately you dont get to wear a crown but you do get to carry one of these realy cool septers around! ;D Take yer pick!

Attachments

• freaks septer.jpg
    freaks septer.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 328

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! thats a real nice week. I was at camp too...no MD's allowed. I remember MD'ing a boyscout camp....found a pinewood derby medal, a sac, and a TON of clad, and some other miscellaneous. Very nice finds and good to see ya again!

HH
-GC

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Gosh, DF, you do continue to amaze me with the progress you've made. Seems like a few months ago (and in fact it was) you were disappointed that you couldn't even find a penny.

You are living proof that it's not just the detector, but the ability of the person swinging it.

Keep at it; yer doin' great ;D

DFIU
Dick from IA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions