1 Carat and platinum

bdavis7640

Apr 10, 2011
Southeast Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270
Well haven't posted in a while, after the rough storm season we had this spring the lake lever went up 2 feet, that brought a halt to my finding much. As bad as the 100 plus days here are it has been dropping the water level about an inch and a half a day, and now its getting where I can get to the better finds again. Anyway I got out around 7am sunday morning, I headed to a spot along the shoreline where I knew there is a lot of hard clay bottom, after about three hours of digging a full pocket of pulltabs and one junk ring I got a signal in a recess in the clay. It was filled with rocks in about 3 inches of water so I started removing the rocks expecting to find anouther pulltab. As you can see from the pics it was quite a surprise, finally found a large diamond. I took it to a jeweler friend today, it's a 1 carat old mine cut diamond mounted in platinum. Jeweler buddy offered $1500 for it

Attachments

• plat and dia 001.JPG
    plat and dia 001.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,332
  • plat and dia 002.JPG
    plat and dia 002.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,343
Upvote 0

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the Beautiful Ring :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

Imnengr

Oct 31, 2009
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yowza, awesome ring. Chaaaaaa-Chiiiiiing! Congrats.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! How beautiful! :o

That diamond, looks to be yellow? Or is it the lighting?

Great find! Go get more to show us! LOL! :laughing7:

OP
OP
bdavis7640

bdavis7640

Apr 10, 2011
Southeast Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270
pat-tekker-cat said:
OMG! How beautiful! :o

That diamond, looks to be yellow? Or is it the lighting?

Great find! Go get more to show us! LOL! :laughing7:

it's lighting isues, its nice and clear, one of the best diamonds I've found

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is not old mine cut. It's a brilliant cut, much more recent than old mine cut. If 1 carat in good grade, the rock is worth well more than 1500, I would think.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Beautiful ring, can you show us more pictures please, side views would be perfect!!!! :icon_thumright: Red

OP
OP
bdavis7640

bdavis7640

Apr 10, 2011
Southeast Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270
gleaner1 said:
A 1 carat rock in top grade is worth 5 grand+.

It's probably worth a lot more than the $1500 he offered, but diamonds are not easy to sell.People just don't trust buying diamonds from someone they don't know. with all the high grade fakes out now.

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its definitley worth Sending to GIA for a Grading.. Old Mine and Euro cut stones are hard to come by these days... In my opinion, its definitley worth more than $1500

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing for sure, get it appraised, and cleaned, then you can go from there, it is a stunning ring, and one I would positively love to find, is there any way you can post more pics please? I really want to see more of it!!!!! :thumbsup: Red

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
bdavis7640 said:
gleaner1 said:
A 1 carat rock in top grade is worth 5 grand+.

It's probably worth a lot more than the $1500 he offered, but diamonds are not easy to sell.People just don't trust buying diamonds from someone they don't know. with all the high grade fakes out now.

Any jeweler or gem dealer can tell a real diamond like he can put his pants on in the morning before he goes and does his trade and offers excellent, accurate advice about what cut style the diamond that you bring him to appraise is.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that ring is worth WAY more than $1500. With the price of Platinum these days and the size of that diamond. Shoot that would make my whole year of hunting. Congrats on a fine piece of jewelry.

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Very nice!! That IS a European mine cut diamond. The telltale sign is the hole. If you look down the center of a mine cut
diamond, you see an optical illusion of a hole in the middle. It's the way they are cut. I have found quite a few in pawn shops
over the years, but they are getting tough to find anymore. I would bet the platinum alone is worth more than $1500 bucks.
Don't get into a hurry to sell that one. It could very well be in the 5 figures. Nice, Nice, Nice! :headbang:

Slab

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Please don't make me post simple diagrams of common diamond cuts, both old and new, readily found on the internet, here on this topic, just to "prove" it's a brilliant cut. Please don't make me do it. I will, but please, please don't make me do it. I'm too lazy and it would take about ten minutes to do, ten minutes of my life that I really don't need to waste, because EVERYBODY, I thought, knows what a brilliant cut diamond is. You see where I'm comin' from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread