Returning to hobby. First finds.

wcgems

Greenie
Aug 13, 2006
Oak Hill, WV
OK, I used to play around with metal detecting when I was around 16 - 18yrs old. Now, I'm getting back into it and my new detector just came in today. I got it at about 3pm and had to leave around 5:30pm for some thing that my wifes work so not much time to get familiar with the unit or anything, I just HAD to try it out.

Well, I went out to my yard, where I knew that they had been a garage at one time and started looking. I only got to look for about 20 minutes but I did find something.

Some sort of metal disc (or could have been and achor pin)
A piece of a wheel weight
1975 Lincoln Cent.

Actually the penny was the VERY FIRST THING I found with it and I was excited even though its not old. I was just happy that the detector seemed to work properly and I DID find something and it was right where it should have been.

Now all I gotta do it wait another week to get a day off so I can go again!!!! (or maybe I can get in an hour or two after work on Sunday).

Anyway, I'm hooked again!

penny.jpg

firstfinds.jpg

Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Welcome to the forum and may you have many hours of enjoyment with you new detector. Hopefully you can get out and find some goodies. HH
Mchamby

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Welcome back to the hobby ! I am sure you will find it enjoyable and rewarding !

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Can't wait for more post....

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the place to do it,super people,tip's and too much knowledge...Welcome back,glad you're here.HH!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Welcome back and it won't be long
until you are totally addicted,
to treasure hunting and TreasureNet.
Best of luck to you, go gst em!

Smiles!
BDoo

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Welcome and congratulations on getting things to work right away! I'm sure it's just a matter of time until you are posting finds about silver and gold. What kind of detector did you get?

Mike

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, congrats on your first finds....you should put that penny away, kinda like the first dollar is to a business...

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread