• Mama on SIsland.JPG
    Mama on SIsland.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice story and great pics... good to see you!
Thanks for sharing but wish you would have found more.
All in all, sounds like an awesome day anyway.

Smiles!
BDoo

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post as always and really cute daughters! They remind me of some of my grandchildren.

I did something like this once and on the way broke an oar! Not fun!

Best,

Badger

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hope I can afford one of those childs detectors soon. My daughter would love to have one, and I would love to get her out a hunting.

She already just digs in the ground ( 6 year old) and is constantly asking me to clean up her nails she finds. She says I cheat to others .. LoL she finds without a detector!!

Glad you atleast got a silver coin, PLUS it looked like you all had a good family outing, except for the long row back.

Postalrevnant

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
The girls look like they were having fun,sounds like a nice day except for the wind. Congratulations on the silver Rosie. :)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post Gypsy! Would be fun just rowing around. HH and Congrats on the silver, Mike

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Nice day out and nice pics Gypsy. Did the rowboat come off the Pink Pearl?? You have to get the girls dressed in pirate gear if you row there again.

Good luck on your next adventure.

Funkman

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sounds like you had a great day! The last time i went rowing was down a fast flowing river... we hit a rock head on and well... havent canoed ever since. At least you got a silver dime! That must have made it worth while. Congrats and HH!

-CC

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
Nice!

Look like your girls are having fun :). You never know about those island finds.. I have hunt islands and its like couple of coins usually or nothing. But you never know.. Does anyonen know is there any post in these forums, where islands are hunted.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I am glad to hear you are getting your exercise. I think you will need a lot more to keep up with me at the Oct. hunt. ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics...the girls are so adorable. Glad everyone had a fun outing.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I have two little girls also but all they want to do is play dress up .Hope I can get them detecting when they get a little older. :)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds to me like I have heard that story before!!! Hmmmmmmm.........I will have to think about that one, but for the adventure ..yes trying to row a boat in a wind storm is not a good time. Like you said you row miles to go feet and before you know it your calling for help! or end up where you don't want to be and have to walk 10 miles to get home! Either way ......Glad you made it and got home safe and sound, you and your girls! Glad you had a great time ! :o :o :o Seeker

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Great day to hunt gypsy especially with your two children, those are special days to remember when close family is involved.

We have a smaller island here in one of our Ca. parks named Strawberry island, Nothing like yours but still a small island.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul (Ca)

M

mchamby

That sounds a little like my friends experience, 2 of us were in Kayaks and the other friend took my canoe, she did good going down the lake but she found out she couldn't turn around and was being blown father north. I caught up to her and yelled out commands so she would be able to turn. She ran into a dock but finally got righted and had to paddle really hard to keep ahead of the wind.
At least you and you cargo stayed upright and dry. :D ;)
HH
Mchamby

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice try...Looked like fun! Wish I had a least one girl!! I will just have to be happy with the two boys! Enjoy them while they are young...It will be gone before you know it.
Keep up the good work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread