RECOGNIZE! Gold Ring #2 in 8 days!!! 15K! WOOT! WOOT!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
EDIT: Whoops! This is my 2nd gold ring in 8 days, not 4. I looked in the "Today's Finds" forum and I found my first one on July 31st.

After going back to the beach where the geezer ran me off only to find a slew of pull tabs, I decided to take the advice of that dude here with the metal detecting LEGO man in his avatar who is always finding rings and hit up a schoolyard.

Hunted for about an hour and a half and came up with my 2nd gold ring in 8 days. Delta 4000 rang up a solid 60 this time. Ring is marked "15K SKAA" (?)

Went to this place yesterday and found a 1936 Buffalo Nickel so I am assuming this is more "virgin soil". I swear I must be the only guy in this entire county with a metal detector because I was assuming places like this would have already been hunted out.

Here are some pics. I think it has a little diamond chip in it as well.

gold_ring_2-1.jpg

gold_ring_2-2.jpg

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: RECOGNIZE! Gold Ring #2 in 4 days!!! 15K! WOOT! WOOT!

great find! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Re: RECOGNIZE! Gold Ring #2 in 4 days!!! 15K! WOOT! WOOT!

jewelerguy said:
great find! :thumbsup:

Thanks jewelerguy!

Is your profession like your handle implies? If so, could you tell me more about 15K? Is it just a weird purity? I have heard of 14 and 16, but never 15. This is the first time I have ever even heard of the stuff.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Hombre aka Tuco I was waiting to read , the wash room attendant / anti detector guy , mined the beach with pug poop encrusted zincers , but you found a nice gold ring 8) Well Done :thumbsup: CMD

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
CMDiamonddawg said:
:o Hombre aka Tuco I was waiting to read , the wash room attendant / anti detector guy , mined the beach with pug poop encrusted zincers , but you found a nice gold ring 8) Well Done :thumbsup: CMD

LOL! I actually did go back there but the old relic was nowhere to be found. Hopefully he got canned.

I have been notching out Zinc, Aluminum, and Foil, so pretty much all I have been getting is quarters, dimes, copper cents, nickels, pull tabs, and rings.

I also found some clad today and some kind of metal charm that looks like an upside down Boy Scout symbol with what looks like Paul Revere dancin' "The Robot" on the front.

robot_paul_revere2.jpg

robot_paul_revere.jpg

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet find :icon_thumright:Congrats on the 2nd gold find.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you notch out aluminum and still dig pull tabs?

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Brownie button. Really. Now turn in your little girl panties and get back out and get some good stuff, or perhaps I should say, even better stuff. And make nice to the geezer.

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
High Plains Digger said:
Brownie button. Really. Now turn in your little girl panties and get back out and get some good stuff, or perhaps I should say, even better stuff. And make nice to the geezer.

LOL! I thought it might have been Scout related. Thanks for the ID.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find hombre, I can't wait to get my 1st gold on the year

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
timbobwey said:
nice find hombre, I can't wait to get my 1st gold on the year

Thanks. I would suggest hitting a rural area with no metal detecting folks. Seems to be working out pretty good for me so far.

Aug 6, 2011
Somerset NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett: ACE350, GTI2500, and radio shack models..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The ring looks like a type of Irish Sacred Heart. Usually found with a crown and two hands holding a heart. Depending on the way the heart is facing. Means your looking for love or your hearts already taken.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your second gold ring hombre! :notworthy:

Sounds like you're finally getting the hang of the metal detecting thang! :laughing7:

Dave

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Thanks for the link Lookin! While that guy says it should be marked 15ct, mine is marked 15K.

I acid tested it and it held up as at least 14K (they don't make 15K acid as far as I know).

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
K or ct, the acid doesn't lie! Excellent find either way it is spelled!!! :icon_thumleft:

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
That link was a little wierd. The guy's credentials are there, and maybe it is an Aussie or British Empire thing (doubtful) but I have never known k or kt to be interchangeable with ct. Kt is purity or ratio and ct is weight. And I have never seen gold weighed in carats. I guess I have to get out a little more. It is interesting that 15kt was common before 1932. I wonder if Roosevelt had anything to do with that with the gold recall.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Plains Digger said:

Brownie insignia - does it have a pin back or was it a necklace?
Cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread