kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art,
These were giveaways in the 60's and 70's I've found at least three of them, sorry it's nothing rare, kane 23

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
kane23 said:
Art,
These were giveaways in the 60's and 70's I've found at least three of them, sorry it's nothing rare, kane 23

Thanks for the info kane,, I thought that was about right,, ya never know when it comes to old george!!!!!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it was from a keychain. I received a similar one when I was a kid back in the 70's. Mine had Thomas Jefferson.....

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Aquachigger: You have never seen one of these because you are out there digging shells, bullets by the ton, and half dollars by the bucket full. Come dig with me for a while and we can fix that shortcoming in your career. But then, you have to fix my shortcomings regarding the list above.

kimster

Greenie
Aug 19, 2011
Napa, CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; Minelab E-Trac; Minelab Excalibur; Whites GMT; White'a CoinMaster; White's TM808
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nuggetnoggin found one of these at an old home site. One of the comments was that it was a George Washington commemorative token, minted at the date on the token, with the hole for attaching to a necklace chain. I believe this is correct as I found this same token, though in better shape, for sale on ebay for $18 with the same story.

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
kimster said:
Nuggetnoggin found one of these at an old home site. One of the comments was that it was a George Washington commemorative token, minted at the date on the token, with the hole for attaching to a necklace chain. I believe this is correct as I found this same token, though in better shape, for sale on ebay for $18 with the same story.

Good info indeed!!!!

thanks

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha i just found one today in an old stuff drawer but it is a shiny gold color, i recognized it right away because i saw it in this post a few days back

lily

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this on another site....

haha i just found one today in an old stuff drawer but it is a shiny gold color, i recognized it right away because i saw it in this post a few days back

Hope this helps found this on another collecting site........

cook wrote at 2012-11-28 04:15:04
The answer not 2 many print off ! They are very rare almost one of a kind because it was only going 2 be a few made for a sample but a young boy that was very new to working the flat press made a mistake. And printed 2 thousand are more was told 2 me and made a double head as well ! It was suppose to be on the back side two hands as a peace agreement! Well that boy was my great great great great grandfather and we have 14 would of been coins but because it was a mistake the drill all of them with a hole in the top so they wouldn't waste them and sold them for babies that were teething!! Back in those days they put usually a dime in a baby mouth to bring their teeth in!! If you have one of these the mint value starts at 2000.00 on up . :)

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My God that guy's "English" is hard to read! Any buyers of his story?? :laughing7:

Hope this helps found this on another collecting site........

cook wrote at 2012-11-28 04:15:04
The answer not 2 many print off ! They are very rare almost one of a kind because it was only going 2 be a few made for a sample but a young boy that was very new to working the flat press made a mistake. And printed 2 thousand are more was told 2 me and made a double head as well ! It was suppose to be on the back side two hands as a peace agreement! Well that boy was my great great great great grandfather and we have 14 would of been coins but because it was a mistake the drill all of them with a hole in the top so they wouldn't waste them and sold them for babies that were teething!! Back in those days they put usually a dime in a baby mouth to bring their teeth in!! If you have one of these the mint value starts at 2000.00 on up . :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread