Helped a Vet yesterday......... Gold ring found......

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He lost his VFW ring the other day. I went over to his home and searched where they thought it was lost. They had gone over the yard with a fine toothed come but to no avail. Well the good Lord wanted this man who served our country during the Korean war to have it back. It is 10K with black onyx and a diamond. He was very happy to have it back. His son was equally happy. I am glad I was able to help one who served us all

Attachments

• DSC01557.JPG
    DSC01557.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 877
  • DSC01556.JPG
    DSC01556.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 923
  • DSC01557.JPG
    DSC01557.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 863
  • DSC01556.JPG
    DSC01556.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 865
Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Mike :thumbsup: It's NEVER easy giving back gold, but, you did the right thing & that brave man deserved it :headbang:

I predict another ring in your near future...that's the way good karma works :thumbsup:

jeepcj5

Jan 12, 2011
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
Etrac, xterra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a veteran, THANK you!!! Americans stick together that's what separates us from the rest of the world!!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding job Mike! Hard to beat the feeling you get returning something like that. Thanks for shining a light on our hobby! HH, Mike

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Mike!!! Thats how ya' do it. Glad to see a detectorist get some positive feedback from the community!

- Keep it Up !!! MJ

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Finding his ring and giving it back was a real act of generosity! I bet his family was thankful too. Worthy of Honorable Mention.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, nice work. I just realized it by looking at you profile pic but we live in the same neck of the woods.

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable Mention to you...... and Honorable Mention to the war vet humoring you for the first photograph, you can see it in his face!

This is amazing he got out the shirt and everything for this photograph this is like an actual photo shoot you must be sending these to one of the magazines I'm guessing.

Thanks for setting a good example! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

EDIT: An additional Honorable Mention for having so many Honorable Mentions!!!!

CoinDigger57

Jun 18, 2011
Wheeling, W.Va.
Detector(s) used
MineLab Etrac
Did you get a real warm feeling in your heart when you found and gave that ring back to that gentleman? If you did thats God's way of thanking you!!! At least thats the way I believe!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread