SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got married in July and finally had some money to treat myself to a new detector :headbang:. I have been using the Shadow X5 for yearsss now and needed a deeper machine and something with tone and visual ID. I contacted Mike from Woodland Detectors and he gave me a super deal on a new unit. Shipping was super fast and I couldn't have been happier with Mike and the business he runs. What a super guy! If its time for you to get a new machine or accessories I highly recommend Mike from Woodland Detectors. Now onto my finds from a recent vacant house I received permission to hunt last week. Dates back to early 1800's. First few hours my buddy Matt found a nice 1850 LC and 3 indians, I got skunked with a few wheaties but managed a nice sporting? Button. Has the words NEW DHS... something on the back. Its 2 or 3 piece and depicts a greyhound and its pups I think. Today Matt my brother and I went back and I managed 2 injuns, 1875 and an 1884. Yard is pretty trashy but the T2 picked these indians up around the trash at about 7 inches. :hello2: This machine I feel is going to be a super tool in pulling those deep relics from some of my pounded out sites. Cant wait til the fields are plowed and the heat and squitos quit. Any info on the button?

P8180529.jpg

P8180530.jpg

P8180532.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds. Mike is a great guy to deal with. Congrats on your T2. I have been hearing some good things about that machine.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, you just got married and still have money?!

Have heard and seen great things about the T2.

Kudos on the finds.
Carl

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a Hunts Button, can you see the backmark? (looks circa 1900s)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Nice Buttons.....but if my XP couldn't pick those at 7" in trash, I would throw it into the nearest river :)

SS

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds with your new Killer detector :headbang:

Took me about a year to master it...So be patient.... :coffee2:

Blaze

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks all, got the T2 because I hunt relics 100% of the time and needed something that went DEEP and had tone ID and could cut through Iron. Took me about 6 months of gathering info and then decided to get it over a minelab. My shadow was a turn the knob and beep beep machine so I was looking for something more "sophisticated". I have an explorer Xs but it needs repairs and minelab doesn't repair them anymore. So far Im liking it a lot. Hey SS those indians were 7" down but there was shin high tough grass all over to so my depth may be more than I thought. Hopefully I'll get some vids or pics of some buttons/coins at 12"+ but maybe I should keep that vital info to myself before more people get the machine and change my odds :tongue3:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet find, Jim! I can't wait to see how the T2 stacks up to the V3i. We will have to compare signals.

Awesome sporting button. The backmark is New Designs and it dates circa 1840's. I found one last year at the site where Mark found the cob.

Here is the backmark on mine:
100_0069.jpg

I hope we get out this weekend!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
Sweet find, Jim! I can't wait to see how the T2 stacks up to the V3i. We will have to compare signals.

Awesome sporting button. The backmark is New Designs and it dates circa 1840's. I found one last year at the site where Mark found the cob.

Here is the backmark on mine:
100_0069.jpg

I hope we get out this weekend!

good info, couldn't read the backmark but I guess you reconized the design :icon_thumright: Much earlier than I expected & pretty early for any Hunts Button :headbang:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I see why you are itching to get out for a hunt. AS SOON as the weather breaks, I got some spots right near us. I can only dig through garage sales for so long. Now I am longing to dig in some dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread