Earthquake

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping it shook all the iron down and the goodies up. ;D

Coincidence or not I don't know but my AT Pro freaked out about 5 minutes before it hit. While it is new I realize it may be the law of average with said machine.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for a short hunt 1 hour after the shaker and dug up a chunky girls bracelet marked sterling in the school yard 10.5 g ;D Jim

Attachments

• 100_1445.jpg
    100_1445.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 735

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know but it was a first for me, the house rocked like a porch swing.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i am located 22 miles from Mineral Va where the eppicenter was! IT was incredible the force behind that quake! I was too busy evac-ing kids from camp buildings to really enjoy it thoroghly. If it was on a sorlf it is now on the floor, lol :o

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm in southern Ontario, about an hour west of Toronto. Sitting at my desk at work when my office chair started to very gently sway back and forth. A soft rhythmic motion.... It startled me and I snapped my head around, I thought someone had their hand on the back of my chair and was softly rocking it. Really weird sensation.

Glad it wasn't the "big one" or anything. I read an article awhile ago that talked about the upper north west of the U.S and southern Ontario and that we are "due" for a big one. By "due" I mean in geological terms... so that could be 5 days from now or 500 years.

Buddy of mine just sent me an email. Just a little tongue-in-cheek humour for my uber patriotic neighbours to the south...

Attachments

• eagle.JPG
    eagle.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 516

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
I dug a nice ring while the tremmeor was going on, I didn't stop digging!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I don't know how it affected USA East Coast t-netters today, but Tuesday afternoon a few hours of detecting saved this ole dame from a nervous collapse! I had recently returned home to California from a long visit to central Virginia where half my beloved relatives live 30 miles west of this quake's EPICENTER and the other half live 30 miles east. So it hit me hard when my husband here in California phoned to tell me a major Virginia quake had just happened in that area. He tried but got no quick response from emails & phone calls to the Virginia relatives, so it helped my shaken nerves A LOT to continue detecting here in CA with my son instead of fantasizing worst case scenarios. Detected, dug coins and junk, and walked through small brushy woods to a clear little river, then got the good news that all was well in Virginia. I'm so glad no one was killed by this quake! Hope the same is true of the larger Peruvian earthquake. Take another deep breath, USA East Coasters, as the hurricane that hit the Bahamas today may strike coastal North Carolina and farther north pretty soon! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread