Been Busy

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compiled all the targets I found over the past 5 days or so of hunting. I went to many places (all of them public btw) and snapped this pic of the total sum.
Some I found with my land detector and others with a 1280-X.
After seeing that unbelievable find at the river last week I also spend some time down by a river where there was a clearing and a path. I found that
bicentennial quarter there and it is beautifully toned by the way and in great shape. I know that is not much of anything, but of all the quarters made since silver went out of circulation I think they
are the coolest. I found that embedded in river sand at the edge of the water; that is like my 4th for the Summer; odd they keep turning up.
Got a junk ring there (looks kind of old however) and a 1941 Merc (yeah baby!). ;D
The 1944-P War Nickel I actually found staring at me in a cash till Monday morning at work so I swapped it for a clad.

Oh and I think I earned my gas rebate. :D

Anyway, good hunting all!

Attachments

• 82411rs.jpg
    82411rs.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ty for the replies and warm wishes to you as well.

I dont know if the ring is junk cntrydncr as it does not appear to be a cracker jack ring.
I spoke to may father today who I sent the pic to as well. He kind of knows alot about everything and
told me something about the metals used at some point, etc, etc. and how I can know... I started zoning and I really dont know what he meant.
I dont think it is precious metal but it appears to have been in the ground for a while. I dont see any markings on it either so I assume it is not ( no engravings, no .925, etc).
However, one never knows. I throw all my stuff in a box and dont throw it out whether junk or not (sound familiar? :)).

I am going to try to find a book on jewelry this Winter (dread that thought) and try to learn a bit about jewelry IDing as I see this hobby is now something I shall not be giving up anytime soon. I have always enjoyed old things, coins, and love metal detectors as well as using them. Sorry I gave it up 10 years back; I really didnt give it the shot it deserved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread