14 K Art Carved Ring ! and some Clad........

Scotty14

Sep 3, 2011
So this is my first post ! I have been MDing off and on for a bunch of years and have just recently got back into the hobby. I have never found any gold or silver until yesterday. I live and work as Golf Professional in the Northeast so the summer doesnt allow me to have much time for my other hobbies. The girlfriends sister just had a baby yesterday so she is out of town leaving me some much needed FREE TIME! I decided to hit the pool of the Country Club where i work to see if i could find something that these rich people had left behind. After digging a lot of coins (none old), i found my first ring. I could tell right away it wasnt gold but it was cool so i set it aside and continued hunting. After only a few more moments my Whites Spectrum was showing a nickle or ring so i decided to dig and much to my surprise it was another ring ! This time i could tell that is was either silver or gold, i used the pool to wash away some of the dirt and read 14kartcarved on the inside of the band. It is a beautiful ring with some weight to it i want to take it and have it appraised and to make sure that it is real. Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 707
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Scotty14,Is it carved or ENGRAVED?What ever it is, IT" A LOOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GodBless HH Chris

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your first gold ring find Scotty! :hello2:

Welcome to Tnet! :hello:

Dave

OP
OP
S

Scotty14

Sep 3, 2011
It says 14K with a hallmark and then artcarved all one word after. Anyone have any ideas on this thing?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Scotty14 said:
It says 14K with a hallmark and then artcarved all one word after. Anyone have any ideas on this thing?
This is confusing,is everything artcarved??????

OP
OP
S

Scotty14

Sep 3, 2011
The outside of the ring is carved, the inside is smooth like a normal ring, sorry about the confusion.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Scotty14 said:
The outside of the ring is carved, the inside is smooth like a normal ring, sorry about the confusion.
That's ok,I'm a show me what your talking about guy!!!!!!!I see it now!That is a real nice chunk, of gold,know what it weighs? Not that you'd want to sell it,not a bad idea to save ALL your gold and silver,makes some right nice barter,and,with the way this Country is headed,do the math!GodBless HH Chris

OP
OP
S

Scotty14

Sep 3, 2011
Thanks for the advice, i plan on saving it. Havent weighed it yet.

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artcarved is the brand of ring. Sweet piece of gold. Congrats!

Matt

S

stefen

Made using the lost wax process...the wax itself is carved...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
stefen said:
Made using the lost wax process...the wax itself is carved...
My father-in-law used to make rings like that,absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!One of a kind too!!!

dignhistory

Aug 7, 2011
SE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ring. I like it alot, Congrats I am still looking for anything silver or gold

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty congrads on the fine score!!! Wondering were you detecting around a concrete swimming pool are a natural fresh water pond/pool? Was it found in dry or wet? I kept my first gold ring for good luck! Hope you find many more!!

SnT

Oh ya see if the wife likes it and she'll let you have more free time to hunt!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

Scotty14

Sep 3, 2011
Thanks to all !! I already showed it to the girlfriend, not exactly engagement ring material so she does not want it !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread