Silver Rosie, Ring, and Mucho Clad

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had been hunting a few times over the past 5 days or so. An hour or two here and there when I could and break away from work or home life for a spell.
Most of the stuff I found between a ballfield (circa. 1960) and a park that has been about since the mid 1900's.
I really have not had time to go anywhere great yet (research wise) due to time constraints, Fatherhood, etc., yet I felt these finds worth mentioning to share
with all you treasure hounds. :o
Firstly, the cross is junk (I know right :( ) --no silver stamp, and definitely a chrome-like metal.

I got a ton of money in clad (yeah I was digging!).

The only silver I managed was a 1962 dime from the ballfield and the ring is silver. I thought it was not, as it rang up funny on my machine. Not the high tone beep like a coin and not on the meter
where the silver coins usually fall. Yet, I pulled out a 6x glass lens linen tester (essenstiall a real good magnifier) and sure enough even though tuff to see it says .925 on it.

Managed to get a 1931 wheat from the park. I have a pretty good machine, but I kept ripping the old beer screw tops out of the ground even at high disc. I could not believe that. My shorts pocket was actually sagging I dug so many. Yet, I knew I was in the right place finding an old date like that. Unfortunately, I did not have ooodles of time to spend there to see what else I coud have nabbed.

And, yes that is a Rambo Stallone kids watch face. Now I feel like an antique! :laughing7:

I did manage to get to a place that is real old. And, actually was a place worth going unfortunately I did not get to do alot of detecting, but I managed to fish with my kids and my father for a great deal of time, and we dont do that very often. It was a great day. I posted some pics of that place. It was a summer cottage for a famiy that used it heavily in the 1930's-1970's. I have just started water detecting. I always wanted to do it. I got talked out of it years ago (just before I gave up the hobby over a decade ago). Well, now I am doing it, and I did manage to venture to the swimming hole the people visiting there used for decades. Unfortunately, the water was so thick with scum and algae I could not even see the control housing of the detector when it was 6 inches below the surface. My first time out! LOL! Will never forget it. And forget seeing the coil ...I had no chance. I only managed a pull tab and a spent .22 casing (in the photo). I found it to be hard work with water up to my chest, but cant wait to go out again. I only detected about 35 minutes there, but the conditions were really bad. That lake is dying and is so sad to see. Something is wrong with the ecology.
Anyway, thought for sure I would find something as I doubt anyone ever swung a detector in the swim hole. Maybe, I will try it again some time as well as doing the wooded area about it.
BTW, I used a Nuttal Diamond Head Scoop for the detecting (I am not advertising for anyone btw.)--it is very well built in case anyone wants to know. That thing is made to dig. LOL!
Well, that's my story--hope you all enjoyed it.

CF

P.S. Oh , Jeff---I think I got my gas rebate! :D

Attachments

• 9511b.jpg
    9511b.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 9411c.jpg
    9411c.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 253
  • oldcab3.jpg
    oldcab3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 244
  • pond3.jpg
    pond3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 0

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Silver is awsome any day . gives u the urge and incentive all the more . very nice variety of finds Rob :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions