Todays CW hunt yields 2 carved minies...

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today's CW hunt yields 2 carved minie's...

I went out today after work with sekypaleo for a quick afternoon hunt that quickly turned into an "oh no, it's getting dark" hunt. Bill was doing great as he couldn't seem to swing his detector without getting a great signal. I just thought it wasn't my day but I was still happy to get out and swing. We were about to leave and soon enough I began getting some good targets. All within 10 feet of each other too! The 2 carved minie's are really interesting as one was carved and then cut in half... the other was pounded flat and molded into a blade or sword. I'm really happy with these finds and I believe this site has more to give up... Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 192.jpg
    192.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 193.jpg
    193.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 194.jpg
    194.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Today's CW hunt yields 2 carved minie's...

Very nice pieces. You are very lucky at finding carved pieces. We find many bullets and balls cut in half here too. Who knows why the soldiers did that. Stick with Bill and he'll put you on the relics. Welcome to Tnet and HH, Quindy.

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quindy is right Greg, you DO have a knack for finding the carved lead. You have a nice collection going now. Congrats on your hunt today. Was kinda cool doing that mile long walk out of the woods in the dark. Wife said "you guys are crazy!". I will probabely wait and post Sunday night the finds I made today..I am beat right now...time to go to bed. Fired up for Sunday!!!! Later bro!

tndigger2011

Aug 21, 2011
Kingsport,TN
Detector(s) used
Fisher(F75--LTD) Garret AT Pro

i can tell you why vol, i have been a soldier for 14 years.....boredom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Cool looking lead, Congrats :icon_thumright: ! I wish we had those CW finds up here, :icon_scratch: .

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread