Fall start, slow but a start - Very Large (broken) Jews Harp)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 918
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 914
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is great to see Patch hunting the patches again. ;D That is the largest Jew's harp I have ever seen. That would be put in my display case at the end of the year. I want to see that Georgie! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
It is great to see Patch hunting the patches again. ;D That is the largest Jew's harp I have ever seen. That would be put in my display case at the end of the year. I want to see that Georgie! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

I have seen some fairly big ones that dated later but never a Colonial period one this large and I have seen many. I have probably dug 25 and my largest until now isn't even close.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see ya at it Patch, :thumbsup: Maybe the jews harp was for the bass player, :D Looks like you got ya a ram rod guide to there.I'm hopeing to get at it soon but need to finish around the house here. :( Besides it's seems like the rain here is just non-stop.But I have all winter here to go so theres time. :wink: I've got some company coming next weekened who wants to do a little hunting so that will most likely be my first for the fall season. :hello2:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timekiller said:
Looks like you got ya a ram rod guide to there.

Yep, that's about my 7 thimble in the last few years but has been many years since I've found the larger Ramrod pipe.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no where near the biggest, but on the larger size

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:

If it's no where near the biggest of this type I sure would like to see the biggest. Please post a picture.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know Jews played the harp. Always thought it was the stock market :tongue3: :laughing7: :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:

If it's no where near the biggest of this type I sure would like to see the biggest. Please post a picture.

I'm not googling it, but you might like to. I knew (might still be able to contact) someone who studied these in the UK. They where much larger & some much wider at the bow end. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:

I'm not googling it, but you might like to. I knew (might still be able to contact) someone who studied these in the UK. They where much larger & some much wider at the bow end. :icon_thumright:

No, maybe someone else will, I'm not that interested in harps. Just curious how big they were because this one dwarfs all the others I have seen. I'll now go back to focusing my energy on finding a big old silver coin or officer button.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats something that has refrained from getting beneath my coil....and they arent that that stinkin uncommon!!Good to see ya getting out bud :thumbsup:

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found one as large or larger i posted a couple
weeks ago but its of yhe iron variety.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SouthJerseyJim said:
I found one as large or larger i posted a couple
weeks ago but its of yhe iron variety.

Yes I am aware there is large iron ones. Ironhorse dug one several years back. There's also a certain type part from something which resembles a jews harp but is not. I've dug a couple but didn't save them.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:

No, maybe someone else will, I'm not that interested in harps. Just curious how big they were because this one dwarfs all the others I have seen. I'll now go back to focusing my energy on finding a big old silver coin or officer button.

it won't be too long I'm sure, I prefer a slow start :wink: :icon_thumright:

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Here's a little example of an old song using the Jews harp... hill people from the Ozarks. The Ozark Mountain Daredevils "Chicken Train"

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
hey you did have the other half!!

the big one I got was brass, different shape I think it was Patriot who found the big iron one ?!?!?

just got to get to that new site where ever it is haha....more scouting first of the week will cure that

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If Mama Patch got on Tnet now, would she be proud of her son's latest thread?......................................................................................

She would disOWN you! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions