shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My finds today.. No gold rings . Getting back to Md'ing after my car accident

Went out to a sand tot lot today .Was Hot Wheel day I guess dug 5 of them out of the sand plus
clad 7 quarters 10 dimes 2 nickels 14 pennies and 1 spent Rem 22-250 shell.. Did not get caught in the rain so it was a good afternoon.
Just getting back to MD'ing also . July 11 I was in a car accident, 24 yr old kid high on meth no insurance and suspended drivers license hit my 2002 Dodge Caravan . He was doing about 50MP in a 30MP zone..
I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with broken ribs many bruises and a huge bump/bruise on my calf which I still have.. Been going to the Wound Clinic every 3 days to have a new compression wrap put on. He had a 2009 Lancer . HE is up for a felony 1 count for marketing and selling Meth.. Gee I wonder how he payed for his 2009 Lancer.. which also was total junk just like my car..
Oh he ran a red light when he T boned me.. Sounds funny now but he hit my car and pushed me thru a fence right into the cemetery. When I came to a stop they told me I was about 5 feet away from a tomb stone.. Glad it was not mine... Sure glad I have uninsured motorist on my insurance policy
I am a firm believer in seat belts now.. It saved my life for sure

Attachments

• DSC03517.JPG
    DSC03517.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC00515.JPG
    DSC00515.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC00516.JPG
    DSC00516.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: My finds today.. No gold rings . Getting back to Md'ing after my car accident

The God of metal detecting is with you ..... is incredible that managed to survive this accident :o ..... I hope he recovers soon. :read2:
H

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: My finds today.. No gold rings . Getting back to Md'ing after my car accident

Glad to see you back out swinging, great to know you are ok, it could always be worse....

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger

We always gently remind our clients that they need to have uninsured motorist on their policy. That's for the meth-heads running loose in our state and comp for all the deer running loose :laughing7:

Mike :coffee2:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I see atleast one new metal detector coming after this...

shane41 said:
Went out to a sand tot lot today .Was Hot Wheel day I guess dug 5 of them out of the sand plus
clad 7 quarters 10 dimes 2 nickels 14 pennies and 1 spent Rem 22-250 shell.. Did not get caught in the rain so it was a good afternoon.
Just getting back to MD'ing also . July 11 I was in a car accident, 24 yr old kid high on meth no insurance and suspended drivers license hit my 2002 Dodge Caravan . He was doing about 50MP in a 30MP zone..
I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with broken ribs many bruises and a huge bump/bruise on my calf which I still have.. Been going to the Wound Clinic every 3 days to have a new compression wrap put on. He had a 2009 Lancer . HE is up for a felony 1 count for marketing and selling Meth.. Gee I wonder how he payed for his 2009 Lancer.. which also was total junk just like my car..
Oh he ran a red light when he T boned me.. Sounds funny now but he hit my car and pushed me thru a fence right into the cemetery. When I came to a stop they told me I was about 5 feet away from a tomb stone.. Glad it was not mine... Sure glad I have uninsured motorist on my insurance policy
I am a firm believer in seat belts now.. It saved my life for sure

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Glad you're alright!, sorry that punk took valuable time away from your life.

I just saw the other night on nat geo channel about meth cooking and how a hospital in Tennessee had to spend 300 million dollars treating all the uninsured people coming in to the hospital. A large part of that uninsured population throughout the year were people who got injured when their meth lab blew up. One hospital spent $1 million on saving this guy who had all these burns. I am sorry but this country cannot save everyone, there need to be consequences for ones actions. Fortunately, the guy was groaning in pain saying he did the meth for the $ and no amount of $ was worth the pain he was enduring.

I hate to say it but this country is on the downward spiral! I hate to see our fellow colleague metal detectorist impacted by this rotten disease that has taken hold of so many in this country. Drug use is EVIL! and has broad consequences for all of our society.

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other

Man, you must have some tough windows...glad you're having a speedy recovery!

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pedrod said:
Glad you're alright!, sorry that punk took valuable time away from your life.

I just saw the other night on nat geo channel about meth cooking and how a hospital in Tennessee had to spend 300 million dollars treating all the uninsured people coming in to the hospital. A large part of that uninsured population throughout the year were people who got injured when their meth lab blew up. One hospital spent $1 million on saving this guy who had all these burns. I am sorry but this country cannot save everyone, there need to be consequences for ones actions. Fortunately, the guy was groaning in pain saying he did the meth for the $ and no amount of $ was worth the pain he was enduring.

I hate to say it but this country is on the downward spiral! I hate to see our fellow colleague metal detectorist impacted by this rotten disease that has taken hold of so many in this country. Drug use is EVIL! and has broad consequences for all of our society.
I agree with you 100 % We are going down hill in this country fast.. No respect for no one anymore.. God I go back to 1941 If we pulled crap like that back then in schools or on the streets our butts would of been in a sling.. No respect for police , teachers nothing.. My daughter is a school teacher and what she tells me what she has to put up with is unreal and she teaches 3 & 4 grade.
Kids get 3 meals a day at the school.. When I went to school you went home for lunch and your mom would feed you lunch...Then you walk back to school rain snow or sun...LOL

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

glad to see you're still in the land of the living. gotta love them mathcboxes

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow. glad you're ok and on the mend. your car sure got f'd up. you would not have been so lucky if he hit you on the driver side

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jewelerguy said:
wow. glad you're ok and on the mend. your car sure got f'd up. you would not have been so lucky if he hit you on the driver side
Right.. Thank goodness my wife was not in the passenger's side She would of not made it.. At the last minute she decided not to run to the store with me.. I did have our little 20 pound dog in the car she always sits in the 3rd seat of the Caravan..After the car hit me and I came to she was under my feet by the gas & break pedals..The EMT's had to wait for my wife to come with a leash cuz she was growling and showing her teeth at the EMT and firemen..The accident was only about 6 blocks from were we live..She loves people so my wife was surprised that she was acted like that.. Maybe she was guarding me .. Who knows...

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

I'm glad you and your dog survived that terrible accident! Wish we could just send meth heads to some island and let them fend for themselves. They are a menace and a drain on society. They chose that way of life, let them live it elsewhere!

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21

Hope your road to complete recovery has bumps filled with great targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread