Storage Locker Find

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Bought a small storage locker this weekend and haven't gotten nowhere on processing it because I found someone's cache of Wild West, True West & Old West Magazine collection. Must be a lifetimes worth and after flipping thru some pages ..I found myself lost for hrs making no progress at all ..

So the treasure I found today is nothing more then a ton of leads and stories ... if you want to call them that.

Someone in this cold north eastern neck of the woods sure had a thing for the West or Treasure.

Anyone familiar with these mags ? Are the articles for most part legit or made up ?

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not familiar with them but I did find a little info. on True West and Old West-http://www.truewestmagazine.com/jcontent/twhome/true-west-publishing/company
and here's what they say about Wild West mag.
Delivers authoritative coverage of the history of the people, places and events the Great American frontier for a readership that has a passion for learning about the Wild West. Carefully researched articles-illustrated with colorful period and modern art and rare historical photos.
I'd say that for the most part the stuff is based on fact but how much writer embellishment went into the articles, I don't know. I've never read a single issue of any so...

Nice find though. Did you pay much for the storage locker?

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding ! in the 70 s they were the best had A collection of them my self but the bugs got them , they ought to be worth A lot to the right person :hello2: :hello2:

Jonnie

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Those mags have a lot of good storys and leads in them. Good reading if
you want to take the time. There is a outfit in Oregon that used to pay
33 cents each if you hav 100 or more and free shipping. I will try to find
an address for you and pm you if i can, Jimbob

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather used to read all of those, I remember them well. I'd flip through them whenever I'd stay with my grandparents.

Farwalker

Aug 18, 2011
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum/6000-DI Pro-sl/Gold-Stinger/CZ7a/
ML750/Tm808/XLT-E/GTX2500/GB/GB2/Ml-Sov./
CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought these in the mid-60s. Survivers in good cond be worth $12/20 ea to collectors. AS they were only printed once$$$$$ood luck
Midnightrider08 said:
Bought a small storage locker this weekend and haven't gotten nowhere on processing it because I found someone's cache of Wild West, True West & Old West Magazine collection. Must be a lifetimes worth and after flipping thru some pages ..I found myself lost for hrs making no progress at all ..

So the treasure I found today is nothing more then a ton of leads and stories ... if you want to call them that.

Someone in this cold north eastern neck of the woods sure had a thing for the West or Treasure.

Anyone familiar with these mags ? Are the articles for most part legit or made up ?

littlebear

Jul 24, 2006
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
my dad use to get those i usually got them before he did. got my butt chewed out more than once for getting it before him. i really enjoyed them.if you want to find a home for some of them just let me know????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread