VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I enjoyed the video and your finds Richard. Nice butt plate and stirrup. We clean the iron parts and spray them with clear satin polyurethane to preserve them. You had a good hunt and I assume it was late summer given the green grass. You are hunting in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I feel drawn to that valley every time I pass through on I-81. It looks like the kind of place where you could walk out into your front yard and dig a relic. You did a very good job on the video again. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
I enjoyed the video and your finds Richard. Nice butt plate and stirrup. We clean the iron parts and spray them with clear satin polyurethane to preserve them. You had a good hunt and I assume it was late summer given the green grass. You are hunting in one of the most beautiful places on earth. I feel drawn to that valley every time I pass through on I-81. It looks like the kind of place where you could walk out into your front yard and dig a relic. You did a very good job on the video again. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. It was actually late October. A beautiful, gentle snow began falling right as I was finishing up. What a day. Yes, I am quite blessed to live here. I have deep ancestral roots in the Valley and other parts of Virginia.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video and some nice relics also.
Keep em' coming.
-MM-

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recoveries Stonewall! Just one problem... you kept sayin in the video " are ya gettin tired yet?". Man your video skills are top notch and NO, I wasnt tired. I Was on edge to see what was next. Great job buddy.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getty said:
Great recoveries Stonewall! Just one problem... you kept sayin in the video " are ya gettin tired yet?". Man your video skills are top notch and NO, I wasnt tired. I Was on edge to see what was next. Great job buddy.

Hey Getty. LOL, I didn't know at the time I'd be breaking that dig into 2 videos, so I just kept thinking, "man, these folks are going to get bored watching me dig all these bullets!"

Thanks for the encouragement Getty.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video Richard,and no,I never tire of someone diggin' bullet's like my buddy Roger (Getty) stated.Great save's and continued success at this site :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
civilman1 said:
Nice video Richard,and no,I never tire of someone diggin' bullet's like my buddy Roger (Getty) stated.Great save's and continued success at this site :thumbsup:

Thanks CM!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to hunt where you're huntin! Nice finds!

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
matt092079 said:
I'd like to hunt where you're huntin! Nice finds!

Thanks Matt. I don't get into spots like that one too often. The landowner's a bit protective of his property, though I hope to get back in soon. I'm ALWAYS on the look out for new spots to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread