Few meagar finds...IH, Silver Rosie, etc.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well nothing spectacular but worth a post. IH found at the park that has been producing them for Nate and I. I think that makes 7 so far from this park in the last couple months. We don't get out there that often as it is a little bit of a drive. Wheat pennies are pretty roached. One turn out to be in decent shape with a good date - 1920.

Two plates of Iorn are from my mom's old farm house - about a 1/2 hour of digging. When I dupped out my pouch Nate and my wife had the same response - "You found all that?". Not a ton of iorn but for a 1/2 hour not too bad. :)

Attachments

• totalstuff2800.jpg
    totalstuff2800.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 1891IH800.jpg
    1891IH800.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 436
  • twoplatesofIorn.jpg
    twoplatesofIorn.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of coarse its Worth a post
awesome finds great Indian head

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found the same year ih yesterday ::) cue the twilight zone theme ;D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs!

Is it just me, or does that IH look like it's floating in the second picture there? haha

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
M,

think its more than a few meager finds.

Real nice, I'd consider those well worth the trip.

have a good un............

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
M:
Meager finds in your book is a pretty good hunt in mine..Congrats....Joe

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
Mirage, Nice finds and even better pics.....I think you have the best pics of anyone on here, Paul in Washington's are pretty good too!!!! Did you find these with your new explorer2? I'm still looking for my explorer......Haven't found a good enough deal yet on the net........Bsco---- I thought the same thing about the IH penny????? Nascarfan

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
nascarfan said:
Mirage, Nice finds and even better pics.....I think you have the best pics of anyone on here, Paul in Washington's are pretty good too!!!! Did you find these with your new explorer2? I'm still looking for my explorer......Haven't found a good enough deal yet on the net........Bsco---- I thought the same thing about the IH penny????? Nascarfan

Thanks for the compliment - and everyone else. :) Yes, I sold the Quattro to a gal in the Ukraine. So it's the Expl II I am using. The Expl II gets a little "skittish" at times(noisy), but overall I think it does better in the masking department. Seems like most of the places I detect are "trashy". So either a smaller coil or a better machine at separating the targets.

Exp II goes for top dollar. You might want to consider the Exp XS(older version). There are a couple issues but if cash is tight it would be the way to go.

The one pic was taken on a clear patio table so that's where the floating looks comes from. :)

HH all

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them Indians...great horseshoe too...oh and looka that bullet! ;D

You got some good keepers Mirage!

Congrats! Nana :)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"meager finds" means you go out for 2 hours and find maybe a nickle....i have never found an indian or that many wheats in a day......

HH
-GC

R

rvbvetter

The name of the park must be Meager. Cause them are no meager finds!! If your getting falsing (noisy) on the EXP II. Drop the gain to 9 or 8 and leave the sensetivity all the way up. That should quiet it and still be going way down there with better seperation. WTG!!! HH

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
I hope my finds are that meager when I head out today.The 1891 IH looks to have survived the ground pretty well.All in all it looks like you had a pretty decent hunt.
Best of luck to you and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread