1790 Half Reale and 1722 Rosa Americana Penny...

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello All!

Sorry I haven't been very active lately... but life, family, and work been... crazy... but I have been getting out once a week or so...

Today I hit a spot that Dan, George, and I have visitied a few times... This is private property and my 10th visit to the site... Chucl Scott from out detecting group went with me today...

From 9:30 to 2:30... not so much... lots of copper projectiles... Some lead... Some D buckels...

1212011_Totals.jpg

2:30 Then the Rosa Americana popped out... I should have left the hard pack dirt in place... gentle rinse with water... and the rose and the 172 gone... but I knew the coin immediately as I recovered on last year...

2:40... 10/35 and it was bang bang... No one would have missed this target @ 4", but I was luckly enough to get my coil over it... I was thinking Indian head... but knew that the ferrous of 10 was a little high... I was NOT expecting my first Spanish Silver...

1212011_1790_Half_Reale.jpg

1790 Spanish Half Reale... I know they heard me yell a county over :-)

I have another 5-6 hunts worth of recoveries to get pictures up for...

Oh yeah... I've been waiting 3.5 years to get Spanish Silver... Did I menetion Spanish Silver 8D

Paul

Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice Paul! Dan & George missed those? :laughing7: i'm gonna have to sit them boys down and have a talk with them ::) very nice snags! :thumbsup:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. Too bad it's missing a chunk!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a Spanish Silver?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Nice pulls!! :headbang:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
FooserPaul said:
Hello All!

Sorry I haven't been very active lately... but life, family, and work been... crazy... but I have been getting out once a week or so...

Today I hit a spot that Dan, George, and I have visitied a few times... This is private property and my 10th visit to the site... Chucl Scott from out detecting group went with me today...

From 9:30 to 2:30... not so much... lots of copper projectiles... Some lead... Some D buckels...

1212011_Totals.jpg

2:30 Then the Rosa Americana popped out... I should have left the hard pack dirt in place... gentle rinse with water... and the rose and the 172 gone... but I knew the coin immediately as I recovered on last year...

2:40... 10/35 and it was bang bang... No one would have missed this target @ 4", but I was luckly enough to get my coil over it... I was thinking Indian head... but knew that the ferrous of 10 was a little high... I was NOT expecting my first Spanish Silver...

1212011_1790_Half_Reale.jpg

1790 Spanish Half Reale... I know they heard me yell a county over :-)

I have another 5-6 hunts worth of recoveries to get pictures up for...

Oh yeah... I've been waiting 3.5 years to get Spanish Silver... Did I menetion Spanish Silver 8D

Paul

Nice score! It is always fun finding coins with monarchs (our saying is "NO dead presidents, please!"). Finding Spanish silver is an added bonus! It looks like yours was exposed to some very high temperatures! Still a nice find in my book!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, The spanish silver is awsume. I'm still looking for mine!. Good luck hunting!! :headbang:

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wicked!! ive been looking for one for along time congrats on your 1st, i'm sure you will hear me yell way down there when i find mine lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread