TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All pictures and information given by me in this posting to this find have been deleted by me.

Untitled.jpg
Roman Silver Denar Coin Hoard !!!.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 3

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dane...you took my reply the wrong way.....just like somebody else does on here, you complained about not making the banner, all I said was if you came one here more often, and not just when you post finds, you would have seen that you had in-fact made the Banner with your post. I enjoy your posts, and have always commented, and voted for banner, if I thought it was worthy. Saying there is a SS regieme is totally un true, go back through your posts, and find one that I have never commented on, in a positive way.

Here are all my comments on your banner finds, I think I supported you, and gave you credit, and your comments un-called for.

1st Banner Comment....Wow that is a stunning find, I have seen the Anglo saxon Sceats with Woden head Image, it doe's look a bit like a button brooch
icon_scratch.gif
but the outher pictures would say not
dontknow.gif

2nd Banner I missed.

3rd Banner CommentI can honestly say...that's one of the best things I have ever seen posted on here
notworthy.gif
Amazing
shocked.gif

4th Banner. Missed that one to.

5th.Banner comment.. Stunning BANNER find, almost certainly Viking plunder.
notworthy.gif
A find of a life time for sure.

6th Banner Comment Great find Dane
icon_thumleft.gif
but I don't think you have a Hoard, more like a very busy Roman site
shocked.gif
maybe a Villa
dontknow.gif
I say this because I to have found a field such as this

So I missed commenting on two out of your Six banner finds, you might have done the same with mine.

At least you have'nt had a PM from somebody in your own country....saying one of your finds should not have made banner, Like I have had.

PS Jeff....please don't remove this post.

SS

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really big shame. This find was another 'best of Tnet', it should have been kept as a form of encouragement. It's important that you keep showing your find because your story's always include the highest ethics & we need more of this in our hobby. You could easily keep your finds & not hand them to the Museum but you follow the Law & do what is right in your country, this needs to be seen by others. Don't let 1 man's opinions run you off, you have kept calmer than me, so keep doing so.

Thank you, CRUSADER :icon_thumleft:

I know that my finds are of greater interest in my own country and maybe the North European area.
My reason for posting on this site, along with sites in Denmark and Germany, was actually to inform about finds "from the old World" and "the very different system" we have for metal detecting and handling of finds in my country.
I use extremely much time on sites in Denmark, and that is why I react like this on demands of being more "online" in the T-Net.
I am very offended by the badly hidden accusations that I would "just be posting for the Banner".
I simply do not have the time to post all my finds both on the Danish sites and here.
Therefore I had the thought that my best finds might be of interest. They do to some, like you.
The T-Net is, so to say, not my main posting site, as I know of the lower interest here.
I have therefore decided that I will concentrate on posting in my own country and be a "reader" on this site.
This way I can determine myself how often and at what time I feel like visiting the T-Net, without being accused and told how to behave.

Thanks Again for your support :icon_thumleft:

TheDane

@SS
I have NO comments on you posting, just wondering why you then extremely quickly deleted your own very negative last post to me in this thread?

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, CRUSADER :icon_thumleft:

I know that my finds are of greater interest in my own country and maybe the North European area.
My reason for posting on this site, along with sites in Denmark and Germany, was actually to inform about finds "from the old World" and "the very different system" we have for metal detecting and handling of finds in my country.
I use extremely much time on sites in Denmark, and that is why I react like this on demands of being more "online" in the T-Net.
I am very offended by the badly hidden accusations that I would "just be posting for the Banner".
I simply do not have the time to post all my finds both on the Danish sites and here.
Therefore I had the thought that my best finds might be of interest. They do to some, like you.
The T-Net is, so to say, not my main posting site, as I know of the lower interest here.
I have therefore decided that I will concentrate on posting in my own country and be a "reader" on this site.
This way I can determine myself how often and at what time I feel like visiting the T-Net, without being accused and told how to behave.

Thanks Again for your support :icon_thumleft:

TheDane

@SS
I have NO comments on you posting, just wondering why you then extremely quickly deleted your own very negative last post to me in this thread?
I never deleted the post....you will have to ask jeff. And I can't help the way you felt about it, it was not meant to offend.... I mearly wanted to point out your experience with European finds, would have been greatly appreciated, if you had posted/commented, more... on outher finds, shown here.

Calling me @SS... and you fealing greived about a post you took the wrong way, does'nt help either.

Last edited:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dane fantastic finds and history :notworthy: Keep finding Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All pictures and information given by me in this posting to this find have been deleted by me.
I do not want to go up against the British "SS-regieme" that seems to rule here as far as finds from Europe are concerned.
You got it all for yourself, SS ...

:occasion14:

well If I could have found your deleted pics here,
I was going to un-delete them.

members enjoy your posts, & whether you like it or not,
I agree with SS you should post here more !
I am not saying you have to in order to earn banners, that should be obvious
with 6 banners under your belt already.

Just remember keep us updated on your Hunts and Finds as often as you see fit :thumbsup:

I'm sure our members agree

I never deleted the post....you will have to ask jeff. And I can't help the way you felt about it, it was not meant to offend.... I mearly wanted to point out your experience with European finds, would have been greatly appreciated, if you had posted/commented, more... on outher finds, shown here.

Calling me @SS... and you fealing greived about a post you took the wrong way, does'nt help either.

again, Yes I deleted SS post after seeing the way you took it.
I personally felt he was just being a Smart-azz & letting you know We miss your posts
dontknow.gif

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the Future if anyone gets a Banner & removes their pics, they will be banned for life without warning.

TheDane; out of respect for you, I request out of respect for us,
you Re post your Pics in the first Post !

& till you do , I hope our Members keep after you !

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well If I could have found your deleted pics here,
I was going to un-delete them.

members enjoy your posts, & whether you like it or not,
I agree with SS you should post here more !
I am not saying you have to in order to earn banners, that should be obvious
with 6 banners under your belt already.

Just remember keep us updated on your Hunts and Finds as often as you see fit :thumbsup:

I'm sure our members agree

again, Yes I deleted SS post after seeing the way you took it.
I personally felt he was just being a Smart-azz & letting you know We miss your posts :dontknow:
You hit the nail on the head Jeff....perhaps I worded it wrong, it's obvious the Dane has a lot of experience, and it would be good to have him posting a lot more, and perhaps helping with ID's.

SS

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
TheDane; out of respect for you, I request out of respect for us,
you Re post your Pics in the first Post !

& till you do , I hope our Members keep after you !

Hej TheDane,

I too hope you will restore the photos of your finds. I read through the entire thread, and am convinced that there is misunderstanding at the heart of any "hard feelings."

Looking forward to seeing these treasures...

Tak!

DanishView.svg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread