45min hunt at the silver mine with ATPro after work

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got off work at 3pm, hopped in car and burned rubber to the silver mine park. Trip was not wasted and again the ATPro delivers the goods.

016A-1.jpg

Goodies. 5 pennies, none older than 1974.

006A-3.jpg

Some kind of carebear or bear stick pin junk jewelry with sun? on his stomach.

007A-1.jpg

Watch face, minus the watch.

008A-3.jpg

Plastic necklace piece that popped out of the hole while digging one of the pennies.

001A-1.jpg
003A-1.jpg
004A.jpg

G.F.L. 9mm P.A. KNALL blank round. Fired, must have been a dud. Though how this got in a Canadian park i have no idea.

009A-3.jpg

Ladies .925 silver ring, minus the gemstone. This makes 4 silver rings and 1 silver relic out of this same park. You cannot tell me that somewhere there is not a gold ring in this park. The odds go up for every silver ring/item I find.

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the ring, nice score for a quick hunt, way to go :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TheGeorgiaCanuck

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking about taking a sifter with me when I go back there tomorrow. The gemstone might still be in the hole I got the ring out of.

OP
OP
TheGeorgiaCanuck

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Info found on the bullet.

Posted by user on the Canadian Metal Detecting forum.

"At first I was thinking these might be the same as 9mm parabellum (9x19) and possibly used for militia or cadet training with a sten gun or smgc1. I looked into it and the 9mm PA Knall is 9x22 and designed for use in blank firing replica guns. Were there any movie/TV show scenes shot in that park?"

My reply.

"AHH yes! That has to be it! And to answer your question, I'd say most probably. Since Cloverdale, BC is about 45mins from here.

Cloverdale is best known outside its immediate vicinity as the primary "main street" and "downtown" sets for the television show Smallville. A billboard on the edge of the community reads, "Destination Cloverdale - Home of Smallville."

The community has been home to other filming, including one of Coca-Cola's Christmas commercials. Despite filming during summer, the town square was decked with Christmas decorations, including fake snow.

In June 2006, a film titled Deck The Halls was filmed, and the area was once again decorated in Christmas decorations and fake snow.

In September 2006 the feature film Postal was filmed in Cloverdale.

The 2007 film Hot Rod, starring Andy Samberg, was also filmed in Cloverdale. A portion of 176th Street was shut down to accommodate a riot scene and a motorcycle stunt involving jumping over fifteen school buses was filmed at the Cloverdale Fairgrounds.

In addition to being filmed there, the town of Cloverdale was a fictional setting of Stargate Universe episode entitled "Cloverdale"."

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You've got some sweet finds there--congratulations!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread