Hey Guys Im Back: Last Couple Hunts of the Year

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys I'm Back: Last Couple Hunts of the Year

What's been going on guys? I've not been on alot in the past couple of months because Graduate School has been keeping me so thoroughly busy I've not had time for doing much ofANYTHING between the Projects and workload (I know my friend BuckleBoy can relate :wink:) But I'm glad to say that the semester is over and I'm back! I have taken the opportunity inbetween everything to write a couple of articles, I'll have a spread in an upcoming addition of North-South Trader Magazine as well as an upcoming article in American Digger titled "Finding and Digging Virgin CW Sites in SE Virginia" so look out for those. Also, pictured below are my finds from my last two digs including some of my finds from Culpeper, some Eagle Buttons, Spencer Gun tool and Cartridge, etc. and the buttons and pipes I dug from last weekend's outing. Now that I'm done with school for the time being, I'll be out hitting the dirt hard once more. It's good to hear from you guys and I wish everyone a Happy New Year, hope it'll be a prosperous year for you all in life and Relics! :occasion14: Here's my finds:

Attachments

• MDPics 095.jpg
    MDPics 095.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • MDPics 100.jpg
    MDPics 100.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • MDPics 097.jpg
    MDPics 097.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,149
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Hey Guys I'm Back: Last Couple Hunts of the Year

Hey Josh, Happy New Year to you and your family! :hello:
I like those clay pipes you found, I'd love to find even just the 'bowl' one day! :laughing7:

I really like the look of this button! :o

Best of luck to you this year buddy,
Dave

Attachments

• Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,151

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been wondering where ya been Josh. Great finds as usual and I look forward to more great posts and those articles.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I sure can relate! Been back at it beating the dirt this past week myself too. Was trying to rake in a CW plate before 2012 and couldn't do it. Had a dry year on CW plates for the first time since 2005. :(

Oh well.

You've done really well. We need to catch up soon, my friend. I'm headed on a trip to do a bit more hunting later on this week. Fingers crossed for a fine mess of relics and old coins.

Cheers,

Buckles

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

awesome clay pipe bowls! all i ever find are stems :-[ welcome back!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hey Josh. Welcome back to the world. We will be in Culpeper in March and hope to see you then.

p.s. I sent you an email you may enjoy.

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac

Impressive digs as always josh

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad your back in the "swing" of things Josh. Looking forward to some killer finds from you in the months ahead :thumbsup:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN said:
Hey Josh, Happy New Year to you and your family! :hello:
I like those clay pipes you found, I'd love to find even just the 'bowl' one day! :laughing7:

I really like the look of this button! :o

Best of luck to you this year buddy,
Dave

Dave thank you and Happy New Year buddy; I have no doubt that one will find its way under your digging tool one day. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome back Smarty Pants. :laughing9: Eye didn't no yew waz owt getin skewled. :tongue3:
Looks like you came back in style Josh. Some nice recoveries there. :thumbsup:
I've always wanted to find one of those clay pipes.
Looking forward to seeing your stories. :occasion14:
Congrats,
Dug

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joeyfresh said:
I've been wondering where ya been Josh. Great finds as usual and I look forward to more great posts and those articles.

Ya, I felt like I've been locked away in a dungeon, man it was a tough couple months....glad its through for a few weeks until it starts back up....but I've made it through the toughest period. Thanks Joey, Richmond's only about an hour and fifteen from me, we'll have to do some diggin' this year :icon_thumleft: :wink:

BuckleBoy said:
I sure can relate! Been back at it beating the dirt this past week myself too. Was trying to rake in a CW plate before 2012 and couldn't do it. Had a dry year on CW plates for the first time since 2005. :(

Oh well.

You've done really well. We need to catch up soon, my friend. I'm headed on a trip to do a bit more hunting later on this week. Fingers crossed for a fine mess of relics and old coins.

Cheers,

Buckles

Yeah, I know you had to have had the fever just the same as me, us both being in the same boat and all :laughing9: Thanks my friend, I know how those plates are, some years

they're elusive while others you can dig several; I've done it and I've seen you do it as well! :occasion14: Here's to a Great New Year full of relics and prosperity Will :icon_thumleft: :wink:

P.S.
I'm sorry if I missed your call the other night, I'll try giving you a call back tomorrow! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well done Josh! Not to bad for a couple of days in the dirt. I'm sure you will make up for lost time over the winter.

Wes

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
awesome clay pipe bowls! all i ever find are stems :-[ welcome back!
Thanks my friend! Been catching up on some of your posts man, some good stuff brutha! Thanks its good to be back!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treasurehound said:
Hey Josh. Welcome back to the world. We will be in Culpeper in March and hope to see you then.

p.s. I sent you an email you may enjoy.

THANKS RANDY, I'm looking forward to seeing u and the rest of my Tennessean friends up there for the invitational digs! I'll go and check out that email u sent me in just a moment.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnrelicman said:
Impressive digs as always josh

Thanks Guy, looking forward to seeing you soon up here in Virginia buddy :wink:

Steve in PA said:
Glad your back in the "swing" of things Josh. Looking forward to some killer finds from you in the months ahead :thumbsup:

Hey Steve as always thank my friend. I hope this New Year brings some great finds for you as well! :occasion14:

ModernMiner said:
Welcome back Smarty Pants. :laughing9: Eye didn't no yew waz owt getin skewled. :tongue3:
Looks like you came back in style Josh. Some nice recoveries there. :thumbsup:
I've always wanted to find one of those clay pipes.
Looking forward to seeing your stories. :occasion14:
Congrats,
Dug

More like "ANTS" in my "Pants" ;D after being 'book bound' for several months. :wink: Thanks Doug, I agree pipes are one of my favorite things to dig...I mostly find them in privy and construction sites, filled in Wells, or in the huts. Thanks buddy, they will be in upcoming issues this Spring! Happy New Year my friend :occasion14:

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

More great relic recoveries Josh :thumbsup: ! Good to see you back....I enjoy your posts. Good luck in 2012!

U

umrgolf

Nice digs man :headbang:

Happy 2012, dig more of the good stuff :icon_thumleft:

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer

Nice couple of hunts, would love to see close ups of e coins, love the pipes, they are in great shape!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome Back and Rock On Bro , YOU Earned IT ! Continued Success in All Your Quests dawg :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread