1947 demolished duplex property part 3..V nickel,buffalo and war nickels.miam,fl

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone back again went back to the demolished duplex property here in miami,florida it was built in 1947..this is my 3rd trip out there and almost done searching it..will complete search tomorrow morning...found a 1937 buffalo nickel,1942 silver war nickel and a 1911 V nickel...also, found a 1934 wheat penny and a 1943 steel war penny... some clad quarters,dimes and a bunch of pennies..picture of finds are below enjoy...thanks and HH... will post tomorrow mornings finds tomorrow when i get back from the property hopefully more silver

Attachments

• coinzzz.jpg
    coinzzz.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 693
Upvote 1

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Congratulations on the steel penny!
hello2.gif
My soil eats them up."

I'm sure this one was indoors until just recently. I found one down here and it was badly rusted; and it was in a bag of wheaties i bought at a yard sale!:laughing7:
I don't think one would last long outdoors down here.

Last edited:

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw your post! great finds, they look fresh as daisies, seems to me the collectible coins must have been indoors until the building was demolished. Good job getting 'em out of there.

OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure..but,maybe they were between the walls from the old construction crew dropped them back in 1947 because each of them were no more than 2 inches deep in the muck..so its possible some construction guys back then dropped them when they were building these duplexes

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Steel pennies are really hard to locate in the ground..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions