No place to Hunt? Make one!!

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Been having no luck finding time to hunt with My friend, both of Us are too
busy! Did some yard work tonite and decided to clear along the fence-- a project
My Wife suggested I do earlier. This spot is about twenty feet from where I found
Silver coins- so after I cleared a bit, decided to MD before dark. So that gave Me about 20 minutes!!
A Belanger redhead shotgun shell, key,button and WmRogers spoon, plus VERY large nails (not pictured)
were the finds.
I also included a Nautical pin found earlier this summer-- still have more to clear.Hoping for some coin finds!
HH

Attachments

• dcp_0001aa.jpg
    dcp_0001aa.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 479
  • dcp_0010cc.jpg
    dcp_0010cc.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 472
  • dcp_0011bb.jpg
    dcp_0011bb.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Thats one really cool pin you have there. I have not seen a pin exactly like that one. What is it made out of please?

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
Blackjack77

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Postalrevnant said:
Thats one really cool pin you have there. I have not seen a pin exactly like that one. What is it made out of please?

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

When I dug that pin- was I excited! In the hole it looked like I had finally dug Gold!! The minute
I retrieved it i relized it was not gold,but a lighter metal such as a tin alloy. The red appears to be an enamel
coating. The pin appears to resemble a boat wheel ( nautical). Lots of sailing and boating on the Great Lakes
so i figure it might have been something related to that.
The shotgun shell I looked up on this site-- www.Members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm
But could not find it there- closest was a Montgomery Ward Redhead headstamp. IT would be nice to know approximate year.
Thanks for the replies-- HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread