Sixty degrees and silver

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Went to a town 15 miles away to get permission to search the city hall yard.? it used to be an old High School.? Got permission but have to search during the closed hours.? Makes sense, it's a place of business.? While there I asked if the parks were open, and the city administrator said no problem, just leave no holes.? I started at one end, found several clad coins.? Then went to the baseball field. I am trying to find the older area of the park.? Well, after several clads and plenty of tabs, I got a weak quarter signal.? At about seven inches there it was looking up at me.? I at first thought it was a medallion, until I pulled it out.? A standing liberty quarter, my first ever.? It is pre-1924 I believe, since you can see no date, and after that time they ended the raised dates.? I can tell it has a S mint mark.? Anyway, three feet to the left, another quarter signal, about five inches or so.? A 1952 Quarter.? Wow, two silver quarters that quick.? As I was leaving I got another deep signal.? A 1919 merc dime at seven inches.? I imagine that the field was put in at a later date and plenty of soil brought in.? Seems to me I found the original ground? surface at seven inches.? Too bad the older two were so worn before they were lost. Talk about "One thin dime." Can't wait to get there again.? Must listen for those deep signals and move slower.? Could be a great spot.? These are my first silver quarters in quite awhile.? What a way to spend a nice day at the park.

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Renegade, and great day for sure 8) Sounds like you found a promising spot. Hope you find more.

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Great job on the silver....I have to go through 7 inches of snow before I get to solid and I mean solid ground...:-) although it is supposed to be in the 50's this W/E with rain..might have to hit the ballfield myself.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread