CW Hunt With Donnie, Julia, & Dman-1820 LC, Eagle Button, Bullets, Relics!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CW Hunt With Donnie, Julia, & Dman-1820 LC, Eagle Button, Bullets, Relics!!

Today, Donnie (Tennessee digger) and Julia met up with Dman and me to hunt the U.S. infantry Camp we have been hunting for the last 9 days. This is the first time Donnie had returned to that site in over 20 years. As usual, we had a great time. Dman said he looked over his shoulder all day and fully expected to find the fake C.S.A. that he planted for Donnie to dig last week. I told him that Donnie would make him sweat a little first-LOL.
Donnie had the best find with the 1820 large cent. Dman was the Civil War relic man today with the GS eagle button, knapsack hook, and 3 ringers. I dug the first .69 cal. ball to come from there since we have hunted it. Our combined finds are in the first pic with Donnie’s 1820 large cent in the 2nd pic. The 3rd pic is of Donnie, Julia, and Doug just before we left.
I made a solo trip to the site last Monday and dug the relics in the 4th pic in a little over 4 hours. The 1926 D quarter was a pleasant unexpected find. Based on my Monday finds, I was disappointed with the quantity of our finds today but that’s why they call it relic “hunting”. HH, from our hunt group, Quindy.

Julia made the last pic of Donnie, myself, and Doug with her tablet. NANA, I wore the Auburn colored shirt just for you-LOL.

Attachments

• 2-15-2012 CW Hunt.jpg
    2-15-2012 CW Hunt.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 863
  • Donnie\'s 1820 LC 2-15-12.jpg
    Donnie\'s 1820 LC 2-15-12.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 863
  • Donnie, Julia, & Dman 2-15-12.jpg
    Donnie, Julia, & Dman 2-15-12.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 848
  • U.S. Camp Hunt 2-13-12.jpg
    U.S. Camp Hunt 2-13-12.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 856
  • Donnie, Quindy, and Doug 2-15-12.jpg
    Donnie, Quindy, and Doug 2-15-12.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 853
Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: CW Hunt With Donnie, Julia, & Dman-1820 LC, Eagle Button, Bullets, Relics!!

what a nice hunt! awesome stuff as usual! :thumbsup:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

hitting old sites is definetly worth rechecking. congrats on the finds and another enjoyable day out.

Bill

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

We didn't find a lot but we had a good time and the weather was nice. Glad to get the big penny. I'll get Doug in due time, but he did pretty good today. For those who don't know, this place has been hunted to death but people like Quindy and Doug "stay with it" and thats what it takes sometimes to find relics. Julia and I can't hang with these two but we try!!!!!!! Lets go again sometime. Tennessee digger

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

that is great post thanks .it was great seeing those relics.the coin was great.hope you get to go again soon.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

go vols

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds Quindy. I still remember Julia from the club when I used to live in Nashville. That LC is sweet. Congrats to you all.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Look's like a very cool time Quindy :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You old farts did really well if you ask me. Some very nice CW lead there, and the two old coins were a real surprise I bet. :hello2:
Congrats to all of you.
BTW- Is that truck tall or did Dman shrink? :tongue3: :laughing9:

-MM-

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You all find relics every time you leave the house! :notworthy:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
what a nice hunt! awesome stuff as usual! :thumbsup:
Thanks Dave. We really enjoy hunting together and usually someone in the group finds something pretty good during the hunt. HH, Quindy.
nova treasure said:
hitting old sites is definetly worth rechecking. congrats on the finds and another enjoyable day out.

Bill
Thanks Bill. It was a very nice day for Feb. in Tennessee. It's raining here now. HH, Q.
tennessee digger said:
We didn't find a lot but we had a good time and the weather was nice. Glad to get the big penny. I'll get Doug in due time, but he did pretty good today. For those who don't know, this place has been hunted to death but people like Quindy and Doug "stay with it" and thats what it takes sometimes to find relics. Julia and I can't hang with these two but we try!!!!!!! Lets go again sometime. Tennessee digger
Since Doug and I missed the good old days of relic hunting Donnie, we have had to work hard and commit a lot of time for the relics in our collections. It's a real pleasure to hunt with you and Julia and let's go again next week. A virgin CSA camp would be OK-LOL. HH, Q.
rebelrouser said:
that is great post thanks .it was great seeing those relics.the coin was great.hope you get to go again soon.
Don, since Donnie gave us the tip on that site, we owe every relic we found to him and it was appropriate that he find the LC today. Doug had a grreat day too. HH, Quindy.
rocky raccoon said:
Ditto rocky and thanks for looking. HH, Quindy.
treasurehound said:
Nice finds Quindy. I still remember Julia from the club when I used to live in Nashville. That LC is sweet. Congrats to you all.
Randy, Julia can hold her own with any male hunting in the field. She knows that detector well and has made the rare CW finds to prove it. She's a joy to hunt with and we always enjoy hunting with her. I am hoping that I can get her to beat up Dman for me someday-LOL. Q.
civilman1 said:
Look's like a very cool time Quindy :thumbsup:
Joe, it was a pleasant day with friends. HH, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
You old farts did really well if you ask me. Some very nice CW lead there, and the two old coins were a real surprise I bet. :hello2:
Congrats to all of you.
BTW- Is that truck tall or did Dman shrink? :tongue3: :laughing9:

-MM-
The "Silver foxes" strike again MM-LOL. Dman is "Vertically Challenged"-LOL. HH, Q.
birdman said:
You all find relics every time you leave the house! :notworthy:
Not everey time Bird but most. Call me if you get out this way during your time in Knoxville. HH, Quindy.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Way to go! Another guuuuuuuud hunt as usual! :thumbsup: Breezie

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CW relics speak for themselves, but that 1926-D SLQ is tougher to find than anything else y'all found, including the LC - IMHO :tongue3:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOVE the orange shirt, Q! ;D And you got your new truck! Great color. You should have come on down to Decatur and picked it up yourself. We could have had lunch. :icon_thumright:
Wonder if I could find me an LC in TN? :tard: :D I'm just green with envy over that, you know!
Great pics of you all and super relics! :icon_pirat:
Nana :hello:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GREAT post! Some nice bullets there. :thumbsup:

Also good to see a Large Cent come up in Copper-sparse Tenn. 8)

Best Wishes,

Buckles

kw4outdoors

Jan 11, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
whites m6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Must say you have some great places to go

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Breezie said:
Way to go! Another guuuuuuuud hunt as usual! :thumbsup: Breezie
It was enjoyable Breezie. you would enjoy hunting with this crew. If you get over this way, we will make it happen. HH, Q.
Steve in PA said:
CW relics speak for themselves, but that 1926-D SLQ is tougher to find than anything else y'all found, including the LC - IMHO :tongue3:
Thanks Steve. I'm not a coin guy. The SLQ was right in the middle of the camp and probably dropped by a farmer. There are many shallow horseshoes there and we have not dug any cavalry relics yet although the 2nd Michigan Cavalry was mentioned as being there in one of the diaries. HH, Quindy.
Nana40 said:
LOVE the orange shirt, Q! ;D And you got your new truck! Great color. You should have come on down to Decatur and picked it up yourself. We could have had lunch. :icon_thumright:
Wonder if I could find me an LC in TN? :tard: :D I'm just green with envy over that, you know!
Great pics of you all and super relics! :icon_pirat:
Nana :hello:
That's actually the old truck Nana. It's a gray color and the new Silverado is a Mocha Metallic. I didn't realize that Decatur was that close to you or I would have picked it up myseldf and you could have bought my lunch-LOL. I bet Dman would have come with me to see you and get a free lunch. As to the LC, there was an old home in the woods near the camp and Donnie feels the coin was a random drop. You are welcome to come up and hunt anytime you want to. You and Julia could show Donnie, doug, and me up (won't take much-LOL). HH, Q.
BuckleBoy said:
GREAT post! Some nice bullets there. :thumbsup:

Also good to see a Large Cent come up in Copper-sparse Tenn. 8)

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Thanks BB!! "Copper sparse" is a good term. I've never found one and Dman has hunted coins fore over 35 years and dug only one. We have dug seated silver and Reales but the coppers in CW sites are hard to come by here -for us anyeay. I'll have Tenn. Josh hunting with me Friday so call if you or Shane make a good recovery again. It's your turn for a BIG 8 Reales. HH, Quindy.

M

MiniMe

Looks like a great day by all Quindy, partial to the J hook. That slide lock looks familiar, I think C'man has one just like it. Can't wait to post my finds from yesterday, need to get some better pictures...I've finally gotten a monkey of my back and doing the happy dance...lol. HH!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yall always get something good!!!Must be "lucky"............................. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

kw4outdoors said:
Must say you have some great places to go
You have even better places in VA KW. Thanks for looking, Quindy.
Minime said:
Looks like a great day by all Quindy, partial to the J hook. That slide lock looks familiar, I think C'man has one just like it. Can't wait to post my finds from yesterday, need to get some better pictures...I've finally gotten a monkey of my back and doing the happy dance...lol. HH!
I'm gonna check out what that monkey was Colleen. Dman dug the clasp. We have dug a few small hinges in that area. HH, Q.
RTDE3 said:
Aways good to get out with friends Quindy. Glad y'all had a chance to go back over that spot till it choked up a few keepers! Nice finds by all! :thumbsup:
I went from 23 relics and a SLQ on Monday to 2 keepers Wednesday Rob. I shall return though-LOL. HH, Q.
kuger said:
Yall always get something good!!!Must be "lucky"............................. :laughing7: :thumbsup:
We are sometimes Cody. You know how it goes as you are a veteran hunter. HH, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread