XP Deus finds for the day..then Rain...

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the Deus out again today for the 3rd time. It was kind of sprinkling rain but the urge to hunt was overwhelming. :wink: My first target was a weird looking button or knob.. not sure what it is or says.. It didn't clean up well and was really breaking down.
CbSPk.jpg

It was super trashy so we moved back around to the front of the house where the most of the coins were found last time. First rattle out of the box I dug a wheat penny.
I moved on the other side of the sidewalk where most of the coins were coming up and got a good repeatable signal.. I can't say what the signal was cause I didn't look. Kinda wished I did.. bam! first IH with the deus.
JWY9O.jpg

I was shocked at the condition of it...
n47eE.jpg

Was still kinda pumped about the Indian when I got a lower sounding signal and another first for the Deus...
TkWJU.jpg

It is in a lot better shape then most I found.. At least I can read the date..lol
Wi6LD.jpg

I dug a few more wheats before the rain started pelting us.. Had a great time. The land owner got some more detector help from us. He has been using my AT Pro for the last week and dug a wheatie while we were there..
cSdw0.jpg

Can't wait for the rain to stop so we can hit a several new spots the landowner is putting us on...

Upvote 0

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. How does the Deus compare to the E-Trac?

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I can make out. Though a pic with a bit of olive oil on it might help.

At top: Manufacturing.
Middle: 20000
Bottom: Chicago

Good finds tho!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CrazySlasher said:
Nice haul. How does the Deus compare to the E-Trac?
Well kind of hard to tell that just yet.. I have only used it for about 8 to 9 hours now.. I will say in a vid I shot earlier, that I went to a spot were several E-tracs, and several AT's had been over and over and I found 3 wheats and 2 dimes. There weren't super deep, only about 5 inches and shallower.. There was multiple rusty nails and bits of rusty junk in every hole.. like someone had dumped out a coffee can of old hardware in that area...
The other thing of course is how light it is... I still can't get over how easy it is to unpack and go...
Don't get me wrong I still love my E-Trac, but this machine is definitely grabbed my attention....

TheGeorgiaCanuck said:
What I can make out. Though a pic with a bit of olive oil on it might help.

At top: Manufacturing.
Middle: 20000
Bottom: Chicago

Good finds tho!
Thats what I thought it said.. thanks for the look...

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Indian. HH

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds, interesting nics on the buffalo, first I thought it may be from a mower but they are almost evenly spaced.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marinehunter said:
Some nice finds, interesting nics on the buffalo, first I thought it may be from a mower but they are almost evenly spaced.
Yeah I noticed that when I was washing it off. I think it may have been on a piece of jewelry or something?

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The colonists I believe cut coins into fraction to make more changeTo create more change, like ½, ¼ and 1/3 etc. But this is a 1915 coin cut into almost fifths. Like to hear what others think I don't know enuff about that.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Indian Head could not have been in the ground to long. The nickel may have been attached to a belt buckle.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beans said:
The Indian Head could not have been in the ground to long. The nickel may have been attached to a belt buckle.
I got the vid on the IH It was about 5 inches down. It took about 45 mins with a tooth pick to get it that clean. I don't spend that much time on the wheats... I have found several in Durant (in the black dirt) that look like that, the others look toasted...

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
How about taking a pencil and paper and doing a light rubbing of the unidentified item...you might get a few more details out of it. Of course you'll have to read it in a mirror....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious about heads up comparison also. Sadly, hunting a spot hunted earlier with the E-Trac isn't a good test. I have dug many old, deep and even shallow coins from places I had just hunted days or weeks prior yet somehow missed.

The only fair comparison has to be one of "can I find a digable signal with both machines".

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason in Enid said:
I am curious about heads up comparison also. Sadly, hunting a spot hunted earlier with the E-Trac isn't a good test. I have dug many old, deep and even shallow coins from places I had just hunted days or weeks prior yet somehow missed.

The only fair comparison has to be one of "can I find a digable signal with both machines".
Jason you are correct, I will be trying to do a comparison soon, but I want a lot more time on it before I start really doing comparisons..

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonehunting said:
Jason in Enid said:

Jason you are correct, I will be trying to do a comparison soon, but I want a lot more time on it before I start really doing comparisons..

You must make a video about this head to head comparison, because this will surely affect the sales of Deus in Usa. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger82 said:
Gonehunting said:
Jason in Enid said:

You must make a video about this head to head comparison, because this will surely affect the sales of Deus in Usa. :thumbsup:
i am trying to get time on it everyday, hopefully in the next month I will have enough time that I feel comfortable enough to offer a proper comparison to other machines...

Bratvlos

Dec 19, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Déus the Only Wireless Métal Détector - Tecknetics D4000 - Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice findings and very good choice for xp deus !!!

Do not forget to test the reactivity 4 in infested areas of ferrous :read2:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Filou901 said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice findings and very good choice for xp deus !!!

Do not forget to test the reactivity 4 in infested areas of ferrous :read2:
thank you I will.. I saw a vid where a guy was checking iron infested sites with the non motion too.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks added to my watch list.. I appreciate the help...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread