Nice Book latch and more

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Got out for about four hours this afternoon. It is just not as much fun without my brother here to share the fun with. Rick left his Whites 14" Eclipse Deep Scan DD coil for me to try on my DFX. I went back to some places that I have really detected and still found a few more things that I had either missed or were too deep for my other coil. Found a really nice book latch or clasp that probably came from one of those old picture albums or perhaps a Bible. Also a nice little buckle, some buttons, a dropped winchester 32 cal, and a lead seal. The crotal bell looked really nice when I started to dig it. Thought I had a whole large one until I pulled it out and the bottom was missing. Thanks for looking....Lance

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 2006 269.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 269.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Metal Detecting Finds 2006 271.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 271.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Nice looking latch Lance, I wasn't sure what you were talking about till I saw the pic and remember seeing on on an old bible once.
HH
Mchamby

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool looking relics, looks like they cleaned up very nicely. Thanks for sharing!

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Well, I know what you mean not as much fun but at least you got out. I was doing honeydews all day! Glad to hear the coil works well, I know you won't mind paying the rental when you do so well. Rick Nice finds!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see your still getting out with the cold weather moving in the days are numbered! Nice !!!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...too bad the crotal bell was broken..:( Looks like you had a nice day regardless.
MD

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Cool finds Lance. :) I have the coil you speak of. Contrary to what you might have heard the DD1400 Deepscan does not actually give you more depth. Look at the data in Jeff Foster's book "Digging Deeper with the DFX". It actualy does slightly worse than the stock coil. It does cover more area and suposedly helps in mineralized soil. Most likely a great coil for where you hunt. :)

Good luck and HH
Mirage

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Lance,

The 1400 on the dfx is awesome. It goes deeper and the coverage is awesome. You'd be surprized at what you missed at sites with that coil on the unit.

It's definetly worth the 210.00 they cost. For you woods and cellar hole and field hunting it's a ideal coil to have. I have alot of hrs on mine.

I've used it for a yr straight. It's never came off the detector since I got it. You won't wanna send it back if you keep hunting with it. Very good coil to have. You should pick one up.

It also worked great on the beaches also. And it performs better in bad soil conditions. Ive found large cents at close to a ft with that coil.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread