Have to share success stories

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hi, I am new to this site, but have been metal detecting for about 10 years, off and on, with a White 2500d. Found lots of cool stuff over the years, sterling earring, gold ring being my best finds. I found those in Alaska, then moved to Florida. I did some searching in Florida, but couldn't spend as much time as I wanted to (KIDS, single parent and all). Now I am back home in Idaho, and bought a White MXT. Me and my Father have been going out now and spend about 10 hours a week. Since I bought the MXT, less than a month ago, I have become somebody! Now I find good things like an 1898 indian head penny XF, an old cast iron toy train (my educated guess is from late 1800-early 1900), sterling military wing clip, 2 coat buttons with an eagle, wheaties, a telegraph insulator made by "star", from the 1890s, and today, I found my first silver coin, a mercury dime 1927d, in XF condition.

I just want to say that I have always enjoyed metal detecting, and am really glad I found this site. I sit up for hours reading about peoples findings and adventures. I will send pictures of my stuff, when I catch up to the "Jones" and get a digital camera that doesn't use a floppy disk!

later, musclecar.

Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to the forum Musclecar. Those are some great finds. Glad you had a chance to get back to MDing some. This is a great site with great peps. Tons of info and loads of great finds to see each day.

Good luck, hope to see those future finds and posts.

Postalrevnant

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your finds! HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and I am looking forward to seeing your finds. Monty

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the best treasure site on the WWW, thanks for sharing the story and look forward to your pic.

;D

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
Welcome to TN,looking forward to see those great finds........theres alot of great people here with alot of
know how.

KEEP DIGGIN

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
welcome, where did you hunt in AK ? I'm in anchorage and still loking for some good spots for future hunting.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Welcome. I'm glad we can provide some entertainment. ;) Metal Detecting is a great hobby and can be very addictive. You have a good machine and sounds like you are off to a great start!

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread