Finding History
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2012
    Benton, LA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000 Teknetics Delta 4000 Bounty Hunter pinpointer
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Finding History

I've discovered an old mining or logging tram on my property and shot a video of my finds. Enjoy.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent".

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Sep 2010
    18 times
    Interesting finds. I watched the video, but for some reason couldn't get the sound to work. Any idea on what might have been mined in that area? Hope to hear more on this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Benton, LA
    3 times
    Metal Detecting
    Not sure what the deal is on the sound it seems to be working on my end, but I live in Bossier parish in Louisiana and back in the 1800's they would build trams or cart railroad tracks through the woods for logging pine trees and sometimes that same tram would be used to mine limonite and iron ore which Bossier parish is rich in. My neighbor told me the story of the tram and that it is documented at the courthouse. Also, from what I've been able to find on the Internet confirms these activities as being conducted between the unincorporated areas of Bellevue and Linton which is exactly where I live. I was pretty excited to find these railroad spikes to validate the story, but would also like to go to the courthouse and try to do an abstract on my property, obtain a copy of official documents, and %100 confirm this story, but for me it has been confirmed. Why else would there be railroad spikes in a remote area like that? I can't wait to see what else I find back there.
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent".

Thomas Jefferson

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    2420 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Congratulation. HH, Hamid

us
    Its not what detector you own, its what you do with it!

Apr 2011
    E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
    2243 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Care to post some regular pictures? Cannot view videos here, am on dial-up.CARM

de
    Mar 2012
    Baumholder, Germany
    Garrett Ace 250
    Cool finds! You should use some of those surveying flags and plant one everytime you find a spike. Could help show the path of the tram and lead you to the camp at the end.

Mar 2012
    looks like a cool place, if ya do get mosquito problems there spray your self with listerine they will leave ya alone. or use bleach in your bath water, I used it when loggin in south ark.....HH

us
    Mar 2012
    Benton, LA
    3 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jterry85 View Post
    Cool finds! You should use some of those surveying flags and plant one everytime you find a spike. Could help show the path of the tram and lead you to the camp at the end.

That's a good idea although these were all found in about a 150' perimeter. I'll probably use them when I continue the search onto my neighbor's property. He has 20 acres that this thing crosses though.

Thomas Jefferson

de
    Mar 2012
    Baumholder, Germany
    Garrett Ace 250
    Cool, looking forward to seeing the end result!
    Running total: $0.30

Sponsored Links