im a newbie... this is my first old find!!!! i am addicted

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40ceb5e4.jpg
a8b60573.jpg

ive been metal detecting for about three weeks. and in those three weeks i bought a harbor freight $45 metal detector, the next week i found a dealer in nj and he sold me a garret ace 250, then the third week i researched so much i bought a minelab safari. i know... i went crazy. but this is my first really old find with the minelab!!!
i am addicted... i really cant stop, every day after work and on my days off... oh boy here we go
so.... i got a liberty nickel from 1900, an old skeleton key, .50 bmg round, .30 cal round, and a civil war era .57 cal bullet... the .30 and .50 cal were found on a beach, and the lead bullet and coin in the mountains... and i think its funny and appropriate i found the bullets, as im an avid shooter/hunter

Attachments

• 2859880d.jpg
    2859880d.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL...I know what your saying. I've hunted both Branch Brook and Weequahic parks and spend more time watching my surronundings then focused on detecting. Had one scary momment at Weequahic but never any really problems but I also never found anything good at either one. I think it was because my head was not into the hunting. I usually don't have anyone with me so I stay pretty aware of my surroundings.

I'll send you a PM with a place to try.

NJ

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep ,You got it bad...Wait till you get your first gold or silver..Welcome to our world.:occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congratulations :D
It is addicting. I find myself sizing up land all the time and looking for old houses and old trees. Haha! And that is always followed by "i'd like to metal detect over there." lol My kids laugh... ;)

Your right, it changes your perspective of the land, every car journey we are thinking things that are never in the thoughts of most 'normal' drivers.:laughing7:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on the v nickel :thumbsup: this hobby is highly addictive for sure ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions