50.7 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it up Jack! Anything I dig that has a date on it is interesting to me.:thumbsup: I have never met another dirt fisher here in Sweden and would find it fun to dig up a dated tag.

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justanotherpulltab said:
I tell you what, I never would have thought that hillbilly would cause such a stir. Jacksquat is my hunting partner and like to think he is now a good friend of mine. He is a jokester and likes to have fun,and that what the tags are supposed to be, (FUN!!). We plant some around just to bring a smile on other detectorist faces. It better than finding foil/bottlecaps/pulltabs/iron...etc, isnt it.[/QUOT

Hey Just! Is love to go on a hunt with you and Jack! I think we'd have a blast!

OP
OP
Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack, I apologize for any "bad press" you've gotten here although everyone is entitled to their opinion. That was not my intention. However, the positive things are I now know who to contact next time I am in your area to go detecting with and you have more people looking at your videos. And considering you leave just one tag per place I did pretty good. And I believe since I'm the first to find one, that means I WIN and you owe me a prize for 1st Place. Do I get to choose what it is?

idiggit2

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2012
West michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 Kellyco quick silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How funny! we found a nice newer foundation not real old and it looks like the man used to make boots and shoes by a bunch of old leather boots and shoes piled around a building foundation that may be older BUT they were digging all over that place and didn't fill in all of the holes, I was detecting at that spot last year and it was not like that! So I am going to bury about 10 clad pennies in a baggie with a small note saying cover the holes! don't ruin it for us who do! Do you think it will make them think to do so?

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I find one. I think it would be great fun to collect them. Heck, they might even be real collectors items one day. I find the real trappers tags all the time in the rivers and I keep and display them. Keep it fun!

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How funny! we found a nice newer foundation not real old and it looks like the man used to make boots and shoes by a bunch of old leather boots and shoes piled around a building foundation that may be older BUT they were digging all over that place and didn't fill in all of the holes, I was detecting at that spot last year and it was not like that! So I am going to bury about 10 clad pennies in a baggie with a small note saying cover the holes! don't ruin it for us who do! Do you think it will make them think to do so?
I wouldn't bother yourself. They won't change their ways. All you will do is put half a smile on some other persons face.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a funny joke, and with a smile. Why should someone get so pissed, that they would even think of getting back at him and filling holes with tin foil? Hey, there are probably other people that hunt there also. Why dont we all get some buck shot, and spread it around all the parks, wouldnt that be a way at getting back at Jack? While we are at it, just go and cut off our own noses, or smash our detectors as a protest.

It would probably be pretty lame if we all left our calling card, but hey, its a joke!!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I do that same thing except for CRHing. On two half dollars of each roll, I write in Big letters SEARCHED with the date. Thought about even putting a phone # or email address to see if a hunter ever gets it.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some of the "junk" I have dug, I would like to find a tag like that....but heck, I'm easy....lol

suwanneesuperchick

Apr 23, 2012
live oak fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it in NO way disrespectful.If your first reaction was it being funny.....then laugh and go on about your business or find some other spot.Life is way too short to get mad over dumb stuff or worry about whether someone was there before you m.d.ing.

terryo

Aug 13, 2007
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
Wow...such a ruckus over JACK SQUAT....So many other problems in the world..And every one is worried about jack

RaduTepes

Mar 25, 2012
Mesquite,NM
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Garrett GTAx 550
Bounty Hunter 1st Texas Pilot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny as he!!. Nice one Jack.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read all the replies except for 91-120. All I have to say is, if turning into a grouchy old cantankerous fool is what getting old is all about, then I hope someone puts me out of my misery real quick when I start acting the fool. Ridiculous how some will complain about digging something so menial. If it was planted a hundred fifty years ago and had a date of 1862 on it, you wouldn't feel the same way would you? Get a life, or do us all a favor and leave this one for those who actually enjoy it.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Many people do it for CRH, and it is no problem. People want to designate that they already searched something, and then they have less work to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread