Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Pranked??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Garrett AT Pro
    1273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prolab69 View Post
    wow, thats a cool idea, i think from now on ill put a bottle cap with a memorial penny in every hole i dig,...at like 6inches down....maybe ill even put some under tree roots so they have to work for 20mins to get it out.
    Hey Great Idea...I have a better idea..How bout you stick that Bottle Cap with a memorial penny up YOUR hole.

The tags arent made to fool people in thinking there is something Awesome in the ground. I know the tag I found rang up like a zinc penny. so i dont know what you would be expecting digging it up. I was much happier it WAS a tag and not a Zinc Penny....Some people have a Sense of Humor...
    Maybe you Can look online and Find one....HH ...GL...Best Wishes...Cheers mate!!

us
    JEDI

Oct 2007
    in the stix of NY
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
    230 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggin-N-Dumps View Post
    Hey Great Idea...I have a better idea..How bout you stick that Bottle Cap with a memorial penny up YOUR hole.

The tags arent made to fool people in thinking there is something Awesome in the ground. I know the tag I found rang up like a zinc penny. so i dont know what you would be expecting digging it up. I was much happier it WAS a tag and not a Zinc Penny....Some people have a Sense of Humor...
    Maybe you Can look online and Find one....HH ...GL...Best Wishes...Cheers mate!!
    so let me get this right?....you just insulted me because YOU FAILED to see the sarcasm in my reply? ... how big of you.
    every minute not detecting, is a wasted minute.

us
    Nov 2008
    long island ny
    Whites Prizm V
    13 times
    OMG! That is so funny! I want to find one of those! You have to have a sense of humor to really enjoy this hobby!
    Last edited by claire; May 07, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
    MickeyMaguire likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    1897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prolab69 View Post
    so let me get this right?....you just insulted me because YOU FAILED to see the sarcasm in my reply? ... how big of you.
    That's the problem with sarcasm in a written post. It often fails to come through as such and just makes you seem like an idiot. Not, calling YOU an idiot, just in general of anyone who doesn't specifically state "this is sarcasm". I didn't get the sarcasm in your post when I read it, it just seemed like you were joining the hater crowd.

us
    Apr 2011
    minelab explorer II
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanly View Post
    I have 1000 tags coming, shaped like a pulltabs...........lol
    oh i would love those lol....

us
    May 2012
    Nebraska
    Minelab ETrac & GPX 5K
    5 times
    100 trap tags from Larry Finch Larry A Finch Copper & Brass Trapper Tags - Home Page - $16.50
    Charter Membership to TreasureNet - $20

Finding someones dated trap tag: Priceless!!

us
    Feb 2011
    Indiana
    Minelab Explorer II
    55 times
    I never would have dreamed in the beginning my little tags would ever cause such an uproar and cause such a great divide in the hobby. But as like in any group you have arrogance. Im glad that iam a man and not a kid, if I were a kid planting these tags and saw the hatred toward me I would prob have hurt feelings. But Iam not bothered by it and will keep planting the tags. Chances are you will never find one anyway unless you hunt my area. If you do Congrats and if you dont like it oh well. I dont like alot of things but cant help it. Planting a small tag in the ground is not threatening to the hobby. Not covering you holes, leaving trash on the ground. tresspassing, and having a bad attitude is threatening to our hobby. You know having a nasty attitude is far worse than slipping a little copper or brass tag in the ground. Attitude can get you kicked off a site or turned down. As for private property "Old Ironsides" if the property owner let you dig a hole in his yard he could prob gives two big ol F***s less if I stuck a little piece of copper in his yard after I removed a bunch of trash to begin with.

So you can have your opinions thats what makes this country free but as for me Im planting more and will continue to do so. Thanks to everybody who agrees with me and stands by me!

us
    JEDI

Oct 2007
    in the stix of NY
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    That's the problem with sarcasm in a written post. It often fails to come through as such and just makes you seem like an idiot. Not, calling YOU an idiot, just in general of anyone who doesn't specifically state "this is sarcasm". I didn't get the sarcasm in your post when I read it, it just seemed like you were joining the hater crowd.
    now seriously? why would anyone in thier right mind put something in every hole they dig? and hiding them under roots no less? you actually thought I was serious? I was only laughing at the fact of how everyone thinks he`s flooding all thier parks with his tags..., I truly do not think any fellow detectorists goal is to make it harder for the next guy. It seems he only places a selective few here and there, which is perfectly fine by me. yes, it is a shame for some that feel its such a hardship to bend down and dig a friggin tag out of the ground, but youll have that. If thats what makes them enjoy thier hobby more, then let em. from all the replies on this topic I cant find one person that dug one up and it totally ruined thier day, there was nothing in the news where a guy dug a tag and went home and shot himself. I live in the northeast and will more then likely never dig one. and as for hater crowd? yes, i strongly agree it exists, in more ways then one.
    every minute not detecting, is a wasted minute.

Charter Member

Apr 2012
    Desert
    Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
    242 times
    The degrading language reveals the "aluminum" among us. Follow the golden rule. It's good karma.

I think both sides of this have valid thoughts. We can easily see that tags ≠ tabs or foil ... because of RARITY. If everyone does it, then tags = trash.

Suppose people only tagged by park signs or other obvious location markers (e.g., corner of ye ol' schoolhouse)? Like a bar code, you go scan there to see whose trail you're following. You only claim the right to remove the tag (or replace it with your own) if you find something sweet at the sight? As I mentioned earlier, I'd love to see someone post "I found THIS after I found your tag." What do you say to a little friendly one-upmanship?

But please don't toss down the tabs ... my old Lone Star can't even tell the difference between iron and silver!
    Last edited by Ammonhotep; May 08, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Compulsive editor.
    -- Ammo

"A man who has lived in many places is not likely to be deceived by the local errors of his native village; the scholar has lived in many times and is therefore in some degree immune from the great cataract of nonsense that pours from the press and the microphone of his own age."

~ C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

“Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
    Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?”

~ T.S. Eliot, The Rock

Oct 2006
    Way Northern California
    Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
    12 times
    Thought I'd do my part to help this thread hit 100 replies. I've liked the idea of the tags since I first saw them on JackSquat's videos, and I'd love to find one. I can understand why some people wouldn't, but don't understand why those folks would allow themselves to get so worked up about it. Anger and frustration do a whole lot more damage to the person feeling them than the one's they are directed to, so give yourselvesf a break and let it go. At least console yourself with the fact that, more likely than not, Jack will end up digging one of his own tags some day (which will no doubt trigger some time-warp, end-of-the-world, parallel universe event that will wipe out mankind).

Jack: Keep the vids coming, they're great. And let me know if you want me to send you some grown-up dip. That minty stuff you chew is just breath-freshener.
    Jack Squat Digger likes this.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Well this is going to upset some beach hunters out there. I know a guy who lives down at the Jersey shore and he told me that he was tired of seeing all these guys sweeping their detectors in front of his house. He told me the had a couple hundred ball barrings and a jug of bb's. He tossed them all about the beach.

Jul 2005
    Michigan
    Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
    130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasDigger View Post
    Some people dig for gold and others dig for coins and relics. Jacksquat is more of a coin hunter. I on the other hand go for gold on occasion and do dig foil signals. I've never mistaken any foil for silver. I've dug deep nails, that kind of sound good, but not foil.
    Tejas Digger...

For the record, I've dug SEVERAL pieces of foil that ring like Silver with both my Garrett and my Explorer SE. It's called ALUMINUM FOIL, which rings very high on your machine, unlike what is known as TINFOIL...which rings much lower. Just some food for thought. This Aluminum Foil is much more prevalent at older sites that I've searched.

As for this topic, I think its kind of funny and neat at the same time what Jack Squat does. Never seen his videos, but kind of interesting.

Also, as far as leaving "TRASH" behind, its all in the eyes of the beholder I guess. I wouldn't see that as trash personally. At least its made of copper. In all honesty though...I'm sure Mr. Jack Squat digs FAR FAR FAR more trash than he leaves behind.

Just my 2 cents.

Deerhunter24
    "The unexamined life is not worth living"

-Socrates

us
    Oct 2009
    1897 times
    There is no such thing as "tin" foil. It's all aluminum. Has been for a VERY long time, since WW2.

us
    Sep 2009
    Texas
    E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter24 View Post
    Tejas Digger...

For the record, I've dug SEVERAL pieces of foil that ring like Silver with both my Garrett and my Explorer SE. It's called ALUMINUM FOIL, which rings very high on your machine, unlike what is known as TINFOIL...which rings much lower. Just some food for thought. This Aluminum Foil is much more prevalent at older sites that I've searched.

As for this topic, I think its kind of funny and neat at the same time what Jack Squat does. Never seen his videos, but kind of interesting.

Also, as far as leaving "TRASH" behind, its all in the eyes of the beholder I guess. I wouldn't see that as trash personally. At least its made of copper. In all honesty though...I'm sure Mr. Jack Squat digs FAR FAR FAR more trash than he leaves behind.

Just my 2 cents.

Deerhunter24
    For the record the aluminum foil that's up in my pantry right now will not ring up high on my detector. Mr. Cranky mentioned the kind of foil that rolls up into a ball. That type will not read silver on my machine.
    Last edited by TejasDigger; May 08, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Diggin-N-Dumps likes this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TejasDigger?feature=mhum

Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Garrett AT Pro
    1273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasDigger View Post
    For the record the aluminum foil that's up in my pantry right now will not ring up high on my detector. Mr. Cranky mentioned the kind of foil that rolls up into a ball. That type will not read silver on my machine.
    lol..I dont know what machine DeerHunter is talking about, but both my Garretts read Foil as ..just that...FOIL...Ive NEVER found foil when i was digging a Silver or even Clad Target

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsors