Can anyone tell me if this looks like silver I found it on the Treasure Coast in Fla.

Dbwbroker

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have looked at some pictures online and this may be titanium, some say they have found pieces of the space shuttle challenger while searching on the beach. I found this under the sand still in the surf. I found it between waves. I put my foot over the spot until i could dig it out. I am new to metal detecting.
Thanks for your help! IMAG0179.jpg

Upvote 0

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melted aluminum. If you find silver on a beach, it's going to be a ring, necklace, earring, coin etc. The only place you'd find a hunk of silver like that is near where someone has been melting it - it's very unlikely someone is going to be carrying around a melted hunk of silver. Melted hunks like that go back into the pot or the scrap pile for next time. Doubtful anyone is getting a hot enough fire to melt their jewellery on a beach. Now if it was bar shaped, that might be a different story!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is aluminum, we have all found it, beaches have a lot of it from bonfires and so on..............

Get a silver gold and plat acid tester off of ebay and you want have to wonder what you have......

Last edited:

caseymatin

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many different type of metal use in jewellery. According to me this metal look like silver. If you need more suggestion of this metal than search in internet for more detail of this metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread