Spare Computer Parts for Gold Recovery

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone else try and locate spare computer parts on the cheap? I went to the dump this weekend to recycle and saw a big screen TV someone was getting rid of. Next to it were a couple computers with the insides still there. I ripped out all of the "boards" to see if I could gather enough of them to make a small lot to sell on ebay.

Is this the best way to get rid of them? I wish I could recover the PM's from them, just don't have the time, knowledge, & tools.

Are certain things better than others to get from these old computers? Mother boards versus RAM?

I lost my PT job so I've been trying to find ways to make a little extra cash.

Any information would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd suggest doing research on the models that are most profitable. I know that some older CPU units had considerably more gold. The process also involves various steps as there is a mixture of metals involved, personally I found it wasn't going to be worth it unless it was done on a large scale so I didn't bother.

OP
OP
P

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not interested in getting the gold from them, just selling to someone so they can get the gold and I can get a few $$$'s in my pocket.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
People sell this stuff all the time for Way over the top of value. Don't know what folks are thinking.

Only way I've made it work was to Collect the Connetor Fingers and Halide Leach it.

Just Bleach and Meratic Acid .

You can Drop the Gold out with Powdered Zinc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread