Old park just keeps on giving !!!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, made an afternoon after work trip to the old park in a nearby town that they are renovating. The park has been giving up silver like never before since they have started the construction. First they tore out the parking lot and now they are cutting some new roads. In our little group alone the park has given up about 30 silvers since the renovation started. Yesterday was no exception. I got to the park at about 4:30pm and my friend Roy was already there and had been hunting for a while. He showed me a silver Rosie that he had found and I knew I had better get to work. We have a friendly competition going between the two of us on silvers for 2012. He found a Merc and I could see my silver lead dwindling before my very eyes. I hit a newly grated area and got a nice 38 signal on the X-terra 705. I was using the 6 inch HF DD coil because there was a lot of dirt piles and the smaller coil was easier to get in the cracks and crevaces. I dug down about 2 or three inches and turned over a clod of dirt and could see silver showing. I cleaned it off enough to see that it was a 1957 D Rosie in decent shape. The Rosie was silver #21 for the year !! In my part of the woods that ain't half bad !! I was able to keep a 2 silver lead on my friend and all was well with the world. The Rosie was the last silver found but a few wheat pennys emerged. It was really looking like rain so we decided to get close to the cars and hunt another area of the park but didn't find anything good. Here is a couple of photos of the Rosie.

1957DRooseveltDime.jpg

1957DRooseveltDimeReverse.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread