Unfired musketballs

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
The musket balls are just pure lead. They don't have powder in them. I usually leave the white stuff on there. YOu can use a toliet cleaner, and just let them soak in that a bit.. it will take the white stuff right off, and its easier to do. Just wear gloves :) Do you have any picts of your finds? HH!

OP
OP
R

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
No sry no pics...have a digital camera but computer won't let me upload, I already had one on the stove to test the polyurathene.... dont try it... turned brown and the bullet sort of melted messed up the perfect bullet.... crap () ()
____

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lead has a very low melting point. Just get the dirt off them with a toothbrush. The white stuff is the only thing that makes hundred year old lead authentic. Just wash them up, man. Forget the polyurathene.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Hot water and dish detergent in a cup. Throw them in and let soak over night rinse the dirt off leave the white on them. They will last longer than you will.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Lead has a very low melting point. Just get the dirt off them with a toothbrush. The white stuff is the only thing that makes hundred year old lead authentic. Just wash them up, man. Forget the polyurathene.
Excactly....White is good.....Congrat's on the find's...

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Don't take off the patina !! You take off the patina, you just have musket balls that could have been made yesterday. Just wash off the dirt with a little soap and water and a soft bristle toothbrush and don't scrub too hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread