A Couple More Eagles and An Unknown....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After finding the I Eagle the day before, I was ready to get back to see what else the Deus would find my site. I spent a good 2 hours trying to find the exact spot that had produced the Eagle and the "7". After finally finding the spot I only had about and hour and a half left of good light. I started finding the familiar smashed lead and pieces of low conductive metal that I was looking for.. First target was this very old UMC "Star" shotgun casing.
ls3cy.jpg

Immediately after that I received a 75-78, but was faint.. I had dropped off into a creek and was hoping it wasn't trash..I was shocked to see this tiny cuff button...
n1RFs.jpg

PRerW.jpg

This what most of the buttons look like that I find here. I can't explain the color or patina of them. That is why I was so excited from the previous hunt in finding a button with a some of the original gilt still remaining.
After scanning the sides of the creek I moved back up on the site and got a very thready 58-64 signal. After kicking off the top layer of leaves and dirt, the signal cleaned up to a sold 62.
miwRN.jpg

I started back towards one of my original spots that had produced before I got a high 94-95 and I was thinking Eagle. I couldn't get the hole dug fast enough. I am almost certain that I found a button just like this last year. I went through my photos and post's, but couldn't find it.
pjTGB.jpg

The button is flat and the diameter of a US Quarter. There is no apparent backmark and the shank is missing. If anybody recognizes it please comment or email me.
LuVyL.jpg

A few feet further I got a 54-58 signal and it was loud so I wasn't sure it would be worth digging.. glad I did.
RvNdJ.jpg

I found a whole one of these about 20 yards from this one last fall. Here is what a complete set looks like. (photo from a general google search)
zX5aE.jpg

On my return trips I will be concentrating on trying to find more of these.

It started getting dark and I was digging several pieces of lead. Some were smashed flat and I was about to give up, when I got a solid 58. My second Eagle of the day.. I brushed a little of the dirt off of it and saw what I thought might have been a gilt...
7rRij.jpg

This is another variation that I haven't found.
It is a general service button. After cleaning it I realized it too had some of the remaining gilt.
9lzFr.jpg

On this button the photo doesn't show it, the light tan color is actually gilt and is shiny in the light. I couldn't get my camera to pick it up.
The backmark is one I hadn't found before. HORSTMAN NYC.
fS2e0.jpg

I am amazed at the finds that are still coming from this site. I am already ready for a return trip.
Thanks for reading and Good Luck...
Evan
Gonehunting for History

Last edited:
Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys..

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice cufflink.
good post

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread