Hord found,creepy,very creepy

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
Decided to try a spot rich mentioned.Didnt find much in way of coins.But i had this big signal in a divit so i dug it out.3 garbage bag were in it.all deliberatly buried.One had about enough candles and candle stick holders to fill a 3 gallon bucket.Another had a bunch of sea shells with cloth very carefully folded and stuffed in them.a small bag had the costume jewelry.Another had the 2 bells wich had their insides tapped so they could not ring.One is silver plated.One is gold plated(both brass i assume)And last thing is what i am told to be a comunion tray.:icon_scratch:wtf is 1st thing i thought.silver looking urn thing has initials K S LN (last one may be another letter but in script)all in sheilds for each letter. s has a line at a angle threw it.and their is a pine tree arrow looking thing after last letter.I tried to get pic but coudn't.I am not sure i even want to know what these people were doing.

Attachments

• may2012 008.jpg
    may2012 008.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 195
  • may2012 010.jpg
    may2012 010.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm.....! That is very odd. You may have dug human remains. Maybe that was the persons possessions.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeezzz...You just released the curse.....lol No idea here but looks like that had it all planned out.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy stash? :icon_scratch: Better throw some salt over your shoulder, and wear a garlic necklace. :help:

OP
OP
J

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
Ummm.....! That is very odd. You may have dug human remains. Maybe that was the persons possessions.

left everything up their but the metal.area is in woods behind a old football field where people seem to shoot a lot and drink beer.no ashes in anything

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nathan, after thinking about it for awhile, I beleive all those relics once belonged to a church, probably stolen. Specifically they are altar items. Thats a flat communion tray that is placed under one's chin when receiving holy communion. The altar boys ring the bells used at certain times of the mass. The container most likely held "incense" or "communion wafers". The intitials underneath is probably the makers mark. The candles and candle holders of course were used on the altar.

Now the sea shells and costume jewelry in combination with all the other items might be used for some kind of ritual. Weird but interesting find..............Rich

kdn502

Feb 8, 2009
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro
I agree with Rich, if the area was used by transients and/or a place to hang out in the woods & get drunk, chances are it was probably a buried stash from a church burglary. If you check with your local police department, they can search their records for any recent (or not so recent) church burglaries in your area.

Most idiots who are out there robbing churches, will usually look for the monetary donation trays first. After pocketing the cash, they will then grab what may be scrap metal (copper, brass, aluminum) they can turn in at a recycling center for $$ at a later date, after the "dust has cleared"....

Just my $.02

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nathan, after thinking about it for awhile, I beleive all those relics once belonged to a church, probably stolen. Specifically they are altar items. Thats a flat communion tray that is placed under one's chin when receiving holy communion. The altar boys ring the bells used at certain times of the mass. The container most likely held "incense" or "communion wafers". The intitials underneath is probably the makers mark. The candles and candle holders of course were used on the altar.

Now the sea shells and costume jewelry in combination with all the other items might be used for some kind of ritual. Weird but interesting find..............Rich

My thought Exactly.

Unless there was a Church on site & Burring it was a ritual.
Which I say isn't likely these days.

Could be Sterling around there somewhere also

How fresh were the Bags ?
If extremely Fresh, & No church Robberies Recently,
one other possibility, but Definitely Far-Fetched :laughing7:
newbie Kids Wicca, or newbie kids Satanic Worship in the area & You found where they
store their ritual items, changing to new bags regularly.

Last edited:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say stolen for sure, but still a nice creepy find for sure...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Rich, if the area was used by transients and/or a place to hang out in the woods & get drunk, chances are it was probably a buried stash from a church burglary. If you check with your local police department, they can search their records for any recent (or not so recent) church burglaries in your area.

Most idiots who are out there robbing churches, will usually look for the monetary donation trays first. After pocketing the cash, they will then grab what may be scrap metal (copper, brass, aluminum) they can turn in at a recycling center for $$ at a later date, after the "dust has cleared"....

Just my $.02

you Should have called the police right away, & Perhaps offered your services to continue the hunt for more Clues,
I Suppose.
may help get you some appreciative leads too, depending on the police force involved

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the book "The Urban Treasure Hunter" he found a Voodoo shrine. Could be used for Voodoo.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the book "The Urban Treasure Hunter" he found a Voodoo shrine. Could be used for Voodoo.

if down in the dirty south
areas I'd believe that possible.
definitely unlikely in eastern pa.

we do have WICCA & Satanic groups, But I'm unaware of Voodoo up here.
Not saying no, just saying least likely.

the Wiccan's are mostly Women's Covens & Advertise on Bulliten boards at the Malls.

the Satanists are mostly people with the Top Paying Jobs & Political Posts
& The invites come by Mail. I Received an Invite many years ago,
but responded with a thanks but No thanks, I Don't fit your Salery Criteria, etc.
I Do wish I had kept the Invite as a Collectable.

Last edited:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool hoard find :cool: I'll bet that stuff was taken from a church maybe ???

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The seashells found along with the candles do make me think of West African/Carribean rituals, although, it is strange considering your locale. Very interesting..keep us posted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: The seashells confuse me :thumbsup:

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In the Freetown Mass State Forest strange things were going on, and bodies were found. I saw it in Newspapers before I stopped reading them in Sept 2001. Also many hookers were found at side of roads, never solved. I did the vouchers for their funerals at Welfare Dept.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions