Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friends,

I'm very fortunate that there's a great old-timer I know who's a family friend, and he lets me hunt his property whenever I like. It's an old house that started as a general store in the 1830s, set on about 8 acres. I've mostly hunted the immediate back yard, and every time I dig something awesome comes up.

Most recently, I was there on Mother's Day, and this beautiful old antique bracelet or necklace popped out of the ground. Wiping away the dirt, I saw the glisten of stones underneath, which always gets the heart racing. She cleaned up nicely.

On a past trip I also found one of the nicest buckle-brooches I've dug -- a huge copper one with ornate designs. I've also found some other nice buckles, a piece of a solid silver spoon, harmonica reeds, oil lamps, mason jar lids and all kinds of miscellaneous Victorian whatsits. I'm looking forward to digging there again soon!

Cheers,
Brendan

IMG_7061 SM.jpg IMG_7080 SM.jpg IMG_7079 SM.jpg IMG_7069 SM.jpg IMG_7071 SM.jpg IMG_7074 SM.jpg IMG_7084 SM.jpg IMG_7085 SM.jpg IMG_7092 SM.jpg

Upvote 2

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooo Boy what a nice spot you've got there! Beautiful Bracelet!!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics...HH

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bro. You have a killer site! The three swivel piece pictured with the spoon is from a set of "President" or "Shirley President" suspenders popular around 1900-1920's. There was only one three swivel piece in the center of the back, one swivel for each shoulder and the middle one ran down to the low back.
The necklace is a beauty...what kind of stones are they? The metal work design looks art nouveau to me and very similar to a women's belt buckle I found in a early 1900's site. Keep diggin

OP
OP
Brendan M.

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bro. You have a killer site! The three swivel piece pictured with the spoon is from a set of "President" or "Shirley President" suspenders popular around 1900-1920's. There was only one three swivel piece in the center of the back, one swivel for each shoulder and the middle one ran down to the low back.
The necklace is a beauty...what kind of stones are they? The metal work design looks art nouveau to me and very similar to a women's belt buckle I found in a early 1900's site. Keep diggin

Thanks bud! I'm not sure about the stones -- I always assume glass, unless it's set in gold or platinum (ha!). Those Victorian gals loved their costume jewelry. Definitely a pretty piece, either way.

Might take the necklace (or is it a bracelet?) down to a jeweler...

Thanks for the info on the buckle!

HH
--B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread