interesting finds... Do you like finds like this or are coins only worth posting?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been out only a few time this last month... Coin finds have been limited to a few mercs and wheats and alot of clad.

Be here are some of the more interesting items I have found in the last few weeks.

shoe insert.jpg
Antique Dr. Scholl's Foot-easer Support 1905, 1908. - Other

bottles.JPG
Medicine bottle and perfume bottle what year??

armydude.JPG
Lead Army Dude What is he holding and what time period is he from?

WOW.JPG

The is some kind of pin or button it says W.O.W. They are not M's when you turn it over the W's look like M's but they don't look right so they are W's What is this thing its very tiny smaller then a dime.

Chukers

Upvote 5

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lead soldier is using a range finder. WOW is Women Ordnance Worker but that does not fit the theme of a stump.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like seeing the different things people post and even there trash pile.
Nice perfume bottle.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lead soldier is using a range finder. WOW is Women Ordnance Worker but that does not fit the theme of a stump.

I have found several WWII relics at this site... so it fits... I'm not sure hat that is a skirt? It does look like wood... I just don't know

Chukers

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think any interesting items are worth posting.
I find alot more misc. stuff than coins when I hunt.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

submarine

May 19, 2012
It is actually a lapel pin. It was given to members of the insurance society "Woodman Of the World" most likely 1930's

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe any item other than trash, belongs here. I like seeing all the different things people find, thats what makes it exciting.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MUCH rather see some interesting trinkets and relics than somebody's "silver number blah,blah for the year."

It's about the history, not how much of a certain thing you can find.

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coins are good.......:thumbsup:
I also like seeing the other relics that are found.......that's usualy what I post.....lol

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day hunting Chukers, Your lead soldier is a US Army Doughboy described as #B70 in Richard O'Brien's book, "Collecting Toy Soldiers," Made by the Barclay toy company, no. 735 "Soldier w/ Range Finder," circa 1936-1950, having come from the factory fully painted and with a snap-on nickle helmet. Yours is in great shape for being excavated, congrats!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Coins and jewelry are fun to find...but unless its a great coin or ring....then it usually gets tossed into the container which hold my collection of coins and such. Cool pins, buttons, soldiers and thing as such...will be added to or made into a new display....love those little items...ie...crackerjack toys....and such...great finds and I hope you continue to share them with everybody.....happy hunting.....gregd

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Definitely some nice finds there, congrats :icon_thumright: and thanks for sharing, I like seeing everything people are digging up, gives me a idea whats out there and some education on a lot of items too. Yeah, I think that lead soldier is cool too.

TommNJ

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, and no coins are not the only thing worth posting. Relics seldom get the credit they deserve on this or other forums. I say post it all. It really bothers me when folks post just the coins, especially when they are old coins. I once challenged a member to post the rest of his "junk," saying that he probably had some good relics there--and perhaps something valuable in the "junk." When he posted the relics, he had Civil War and military items mixed in there that he had no idea what they were. Forums like this are an important and easy way to get relics identified, and other viewers will help sort out the "junk" from the keepers. Those are some great relics.

I think you will find that your Woodmen of the World pin is older than the 30s for sure. I have a hunch that this design is late 1800s, because one of my team found an identical one at a site that was abandoned by 1910 or so.

Cheers,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread