Neanderthal Stone carved profile found! Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousfinds

Greenie
Feb 18, 2011
near San Francisco, Calif.
Hello everyone. I found this in a dry run off creek bed near a garden I was working in.
There are allot of stones, mostly round river rock. Couldn't have been transported from too far away... (California, in between Santa Cruz and San Francisco).
It was the eye that caught my attention.

There are 2 more I found that day, lighting never seems to be just right to pick up details.

As usual, my photography skills are still pitiful.

I have been working on my book of "My Observations of Ancient Findings"... If anyone would like to read what I have so far, I would be honored.

Would love to hear comments as to the era this is thought to be from.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CrystalSkullProfile2.jpg
    CrystalSkullProfile2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 349
  • CrystalSkullProfile.jpg
    CrystalSkullProfile.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let's say you spend some money and this leaverite turns out to be an honest to goodness bona fied Neanderthal head worth upwards of a bazillion bucks, you gonna have some splainen tado before you could sell it. You disturbed a significant archaeological site etc. Perhaps you would be better off calling it a friggen rock!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, I have one too! But I think mine is a Neanderthal and monkey cross. I found it in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Do you think they had boats?

P5300012.JPG

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry curiousfinds, But your rock is just that a rock no more no less. Mother nature is funny like that, I have a rock from New Mexico that if looked at a certain angle and under the right light Looks just like a large mouth bass! But in the end it's just a rock. Sorry.....HH

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I see it now, it is all perfectly clear, what was I thinking. Sure there it is right there, it's a real curiosity alright!

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. Anything is possible. But, to me. It looks like Mick Jagger. He's a Stone and just about as old. Seriously, good luck with your hunting.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, my first thought was Godzilla as well.
Not sure what you been smokin, but No way Godzilla made it to California. At least to my knowledge all evidence places him in and around Japan. Just sayin!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what you been smokin, but No way Godzilla made it to California. At least to my knowledge all evidence places him in and around Japan. Just sayin!
dude you got the rag stuff,everyone knows Godzilla caught a ride on Mothra to get to Ca. :tongue3:

sjoerd

Nov 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at this site

Archaeology of Portable Rock Art

You can look at this site and you find the answer on your question.
There where allready old peaple in the ice age time Even mammoet sculptures were found

greetings sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread