I GOT ANOTHER EAGLE!!!!!! Update 10/31! Make it Three~!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH my gosh ya'll! I am so glad to have someone to share detecting stories with~! :)

Remember the Eagle button that I found a couple of weeks ago?

Well here's the story today. ;D

Got all my usual Monday morning things done and the weather was so nice and sunny. Seventy two degrees. Perfect. I had been studying my maps and knew that there was another old homesite very near to the place where I found the eagle button. The place where I thought it might be was in the pasture, but on top of the mountain. :P I had already made up my mind that today would just be a recon day. Really didn't expect to find much, but looked forward to the day out. After a long trek up the mountain and a couple of minutes of rest, I began to find iron! Yea! First good sign! I wanted to know what the iron was so I started diggin. First the nails and then some what's it's then a buckle! Neat! Ok...I am on to something here. Get a really big horseshoe and then a little grey button. I have run out of water and decided to call it a day but I can't leave here without a good pic of the scenery! So I go all the way back to the car, rest a few minutes, drink some water and slowly go back up that mountain. After the rest and the pics were made, I just had to spend a few more minutes detecting before leaving again. Glad I did! Dug up a heel plate and there was a piece of pottery in there with it! Now! That's what I am looking for! Where there's pottery...there was a house! By this time the crickets are starting their chirping and it's getting bout time to leave so I decide that I will dig ONE MORE good signal. ;) And yep....there it was..A nice Eagle button with a back!!!!! It says Waterbury Scovill MFG CO

Now I gotta run a cook some dinner. I'm pooped!

Hope ya had a great day too!

Nana :)

Attachments

• 100_6083.jpg
    100_6083.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 100_6099.jpg
    100_6099.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 100_6100.jpg
    100_6100.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 100_6103.jpg
    100_6103.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 100_6105.jpg
    100_6105.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,395
  • 100_6108.jpg
    100_6108.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,384
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :)

Come on over Grib...there's plenty of space to hunt here! ;)

War Eagle Eric!!!! ;D

Badger...can you believe I ain't found no axes there yet! :D

John...I do know that Eagle buttons were used at least till WWII, cause I found some of them too...they look a little different, but still have an Eagle on them...they are not as round as these, and they have an edge....don't know the dates of when they started and stopped making them...heck, they may still make them? ??? I dunno...

Das....only took me two times to read that post! :D Your translation is on the money! ;) Ain't found no chickin bones yet! :D I use an MXT...and love it! ;D

Went back yesterday and hunted for 30 minutes, got rained on and left before the next storm came rolling in! Found one little musketball. Today was chilly and windy! Stayed for a couple of hours and found another toe plate. Now I have a set of two! ;D Got a few odds and ends but no button today. Next time I go back I am going to go into the woods at the top of the mountain. On the other side of the woods is a cliff...would make a great lookout! ;)

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 100_6126.jpg
    100_6126.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 373

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Awesome finds nana!Where were all those at the missouri hunt?Sure would like to go back there for another hunt.Hope you find alot more where that came from.......hh rh

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to go back too, hunter!!! But, no...I found these a few minutes away from my house! :P :D

Thanks! Nana :)

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to this site on Friday and found a few more keepers. A couple of musketballs that were bigger than the others that I had found there, another toe plate and another one of those grey buttons, then my last find was a what's it for me. I did manage to find some writing on the back...it is backwards..the writing that is. Looks like PAT and then 1811? I need to clean it a bit more.

Attachments

• 100_6140.jpg
    100_6140.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_6135.jpg
    100_6135.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 268

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Cool hunting Nana,nice to get into the reald old stuff. Hopefully that lookout will have some goodies. Ive seen more than one person post about searching lookouts,seems they have the best luck going down the willside. I would be looking around wherever they got their water. Everyone went to the water and a lot of times they were very careless there doing laundry,bathing leaving their stuff laying around the bank...HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nana40 said:
Went back to this site on Friday and found a few more keepers. A couple of musketballs that were bigger than the others that I had found there, another toe plate and another one of those grey buttons, then my last find was a what's it for me. I did manage to find some writing on the back...it is backwards..the writing that is. Looks like PAT and then 1811? I need to clean it a bit more.

Nana, I'd take a wild guess that maybe it's part of a suspender buckle. ???
Looks like you're doing all right down there, nice going!

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle buttons... shoe heel plates... Nana, you're headin' towards a US belt plate... or maybe an eagle breastplate! WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread