TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First time out with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector in my backyard.

It took me a few hours for three days to get everything you see from the yard - June 4, 5, and 6, 2012. I got 17 pennies, 1 dime, and various metal items/trash.

The oldest coin I found was a 1970 penny, as the city widen the road several years ago and the property was landscaped it was to be expected. Great way to learn the tones of the MD, and practice my digging techniques though.

Some interesting trash/items I found was the large horseshoe (Royal St Pierre Worcester MA - solid metal throwing horseshoe), kids metal toy pieces, water hose nozzle (two pieces), kids diary padlock, and several rocks that the MD picked-up originally but once they were cleaned the MD no longer detects them. ???

I can't wait to get out soon at some of the older city parks around me. Not sure who will go with me as my aunt has her Garrett Ace 250, and my dad just bought a Garrett Ace 250 today - at least now I have a MD buddy or two. :icon_thumleft:

finds-6-4-12.png

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are sure learning how to dig. Thats a good group of everything. I still own my Tracker IV, but it doesn't get as much use as it used to. GL and HH.

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the responses, it has been fun. I have since went to my local city park twice now, and seem to find more and more. :D Can't wait for my new 4" gold nugget coil to arrive and see if I missed anything in those areas, as I've seen it gets the same depth as the standard 8" but with much better results. :thumbsup:

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! I love my Tracker IV which is the only detector I've ever had. With it I've found many gold items, old silver coins, etc. Haven't been able to compare it yet to a better detector since I haven't got one, but I've been very pleased with the results!

You'll get even (much) better as you learn the sounds of the machine. I really started to clean up after I set Sens to max and Disc to min and "used my real discriminator, my brain" as a very helpful poster here advised. Dig all good signals and take everything out of the ground! (This detector seems good for that since even at those settings it poo-poos iron and small bottlecaps).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread