June 16th - 2 Silver - West Point Button - Sash Buckle - Ball

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello all !!

As I continue down the get familiar with the CTX 3030 I am hitting some old haunts...

I headed back to the Colonial that I recovered the 2 Reale, Colonial Buckle, and many other goodies from...
I worked around the house and along the old main road... I've covered these parts many many times with my E-Trac...
First keep was a 1944 Merc from the garden area...

6172012_1944_Merc.jpg

10 feet away was a nice signal...

6172012_Musket_Ball.jpg

I worked my way back to the front of the house... I got a nice 11/32 12/33 gignal at 6"...

6172012_Cadet_Button.jpg

West Point (US Military Academy USMA) Cadet Button... This button's backmark is written in what's called "raised" letters (like on a typical coin), instead of "incised" letters (which go down into the metal). On American-made buttons, a raised-letters backmark almost always means mid-1850s or earlier.

The backmark appears to be "Scovills & Co. / Extra" ...which means the button was manufactured sometime between 1840 and 1850. (The company which made your button became Scovills & Co. in 1840 and changed its name to Scovill Manufacturing Compay in 1850.)

Working the old road was frustrating... Lots of old cans @ 10+ inches... Lots of newer pennies and all the crap from the road that has been thrown out the windows over the years... Near the drive I did get another silver...

1957 Silver Roosie...

6172012_1957_Roosie.jpg

last 2 targets were: An old nice cloaker and a sash buckle... Funny thing about the sash buckle is I got one here exactly like this one 2 months ago up in the woods...

6172012_Sash_Buckle.jpg

Here were the totals:

6172012_Totals.jpg

I can say without a doubt that the low and mid conductive conductive targets in aombined ferrous target mode pop very nicely... Different from the E-Trac...

HH !!
Paul

Upvote 1

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunt and finds , keep bringing home the good stuff ! :headbang: