Finds from the Dover hunt

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey everybody. Been a busy weekend. Yesterday, my friends John and Nikki Walsh hosted a hunt near Dover, TN. Some T-Netters, and a couple other diggers stayed at my house and went to the hunt with me. I'll let them tell their stories..........

I am not a 'fast' competition hunter, but choose to be methodical about my search, which is shown by my relative lack of finds, compared to others (one hunter boasted of finding 200 bullets............)

At any rate, I dug about 26 bullets, (dropped and fired); a few buttons, and assorted other goodies; a half-dozen artillery shell fragments; and a round, lead backed copper/brass thingy.....enjoy.

Roger

PS, I dug the breast plate less then 20 feet off the starting line, after all around me had dashed off, swinging their detectors wildly..........

Attachments

• IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Thanks everybody.

Grib, that's a rare CW Mercury dime. Only one in existance (inside joke, everybody.....I know when it was minted, and the dates of the war.....)

Catfish.......Cumberland City, eh? Halfway point on the river from Ft. Donelson to Clarksville. Had a few troops there.....maybe you should have a 'homecoming' ;D ;D.

Monty, I'm thinking that is a mechanical pencil, or something. It's just a hollow tube, missing the insides........other than that, just another unknown.........Thanks for any help..

Roger

catfishterry

Jan 22, 2006
Troy Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Vibra probe
My Grandfather owned 760 acres including area in the river bottoms that I just found out was an encampment. The people he had bought the property from was the owner of the chevy dealership in dover (Macintosh) of course that was back in the 60's

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice finds from all of you, wonder if a Yankee from Ohio could join y'all next year. I've always wanted to do some Civil War hunting. I have found many Civil War items in Ohio, but would really be great to find some down south.

Thanks again for all your posts and pictures. HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread