Crazy Finds

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Had some crazy finds this week.....Friday I was hunting in the woods and found this shovel leaning against a tree in the middle of no where....Then Sunday I met up with Groundfisher and we both got skunked for the day...well mostly he did :D, because I found the fishing rod in the river hung up on a tree and then three quarters in the same hole. We were hunting a really old area down by the river ,but the Detecting Gods just werent smiling that day!
But....I really needed that shovel so maybe they were grinning a little bit!

Attachments

• shovel and pole.JPG
    shovel and pole.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 787
  • shovel and pole 2.JPG
    shovel and pole 2.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 802
  • merrill.JPG
    merrill.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 785
  • corner brass.JPG
    corner brass.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Dang, what is that? One of thim thar zebcos. I shore do like them zebcos. Seriously, my dad uses zebco's and is a serious fisherman. Not even sure if it is a Zebco reel, but it looks like one. I guess a bad day fishin, I mean detecting, is better than a good day at work.

M

mchamby

Well I bet that person that was digging for worms so they could fish somemore wished that mother nature didn't call, weren't they surprised to come back and find everything gone. :D ;D ;) :D You just never know what your going to find.
HH gypsy
Mchamby

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its a Lucky Lion Pole made by South Bend.....and Maria...the pole and shovel were about forty miles apart! :D

fjudd94

Sep 14, 2006
DUBOIS, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one heck of a MD you got there. just kidding ;D

Really cool!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Great now you can dig your own worms and go fishing. Can you send us the link to the fishing forum so we can see your'e great catches? ;D
Too cool.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Great now you can dig your own worms and go fishing. Can you send us the link to the fishing forum so we can see your'e great catches? ;D
Too cool.
hmmmmm.....maybe it was a hint ....should have been fishing and not digging! Sometimes I just dont get it! :D :D :D :D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
This is a pretty funny post,
I guess you just never know what you will "find".
That shovel has got to cost $15 or $20 and the fishing pole the same,
so you made out pretty good I think. Keep getting out there,
until the snow flies :(

Smiles!
BDoo

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mchamby said:
boy that guy walked a long way to find worms
Mchamby :D

;D :D ;)

Gypsy,

did you look for a fresh grave near the shovel?
Hope you did not mess up the finger prints.

have a good un.............

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
mchamby said:
boy that guy walked a long way to find worms
Mchamby :D

;D :D ;)

Gypsy,

did you look for a fresh grave near the shovel?
Hope you did not mess up the finger prints.

have a good un.............

Geeze Sherm...Now that you mention it ...I thought it was peculiar that there were a pair of boots sticking out of the ground...but they looked too big so I just left them.....hmmmm

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty funny, finding a shovel up against a tree....the only thing I can think of is that you guys were to late !!!!

If I hunted a site and found a cache of coins or some big find , I would have left my shovel there to......Not thinking .......and just celebrating!!!! yahoo.....!!! ;) :) hahhah lolol Good luck in your next adventure .............WTG ;D

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Funny thing happened to me today. I was fishing and got this urge to dig. I got back to the truck and drove to a hotspot I knew about, about 40 miles away. Lost my shovel. Remembered my fishing rod...went back....

DM

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Very interesting finds Gypsy. One person well perhaps 2 were certainly having a bad day or being forgetful. Reckon a carp pulled snatched that rod away and took it for a quick ride? Now the shovel...hmmm.. dig out a fishing spot?

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Digginman said:
Funny thing happened to me today. I was fishing and got this urge to dig. I got back to the truck and drove to a hotspot I knew about, about 40 miles away. Lost my shovel. Remembered my fishing rod...went back....

DM
You Snooze you lose! :D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK let me get this story straight. You found the shovel that was used to recover a cache. The guy was celebrating and fell in the hole just showing his boots. Then you travel 40 miles to steal a guys limb line. ;D ;D ;D
So now you even have detector that hunts in the trees. Well I wish I could of been there with you guys.

Burdie :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Burdie said:
OK let me get this story straight. You found the shovel that was used to recover a cache. The guy was celebrating and fell in the hole just showing his boots. Then you travel 40 miles to steal a guys limb line. ;D ;D ;D
So now you even have detector that hunts in the trees. Well I wish I could of been there with you guys.

Burdie :)
ROFL! Yea Burdie ...Gypsy is quite an amazing hunter.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I am so jealous, If I was Gypsy and said "look at this pile of dirt " I'd still get 20 respones, although I really do like the shovel, good job gypsy. There is nothing like having a reason to go where most folks dont seem to wanna go anymore.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D

A shovel and a fishin pole and a huntin buddy! Sounds like a good day to me!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread