Bunch of clad and a touch of Silver for October

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been detecting for one month and I have had a ball. I'm thinking that I probably don't have that many days left to hunt so I thought with today being my one month anniversary I'd show some of my recent finds with a bunch of my other finds from the month below in the same picture.

I found the two golden dollar coins today along with 3 quarters and 1 dime in the same area, a spot about 1' square. They were only down 1 or 2 inches. Yesterday, Sunday, I had the worst day so far, I had spent about 5 hours out hunting several spots and came home with only 11 cents. At one point I thought the detector must have broken, I mean I always find at least a buck or two in clad.

I found the Kennedy Silver Half last week while out scouting potential hunting grounds. I have only found this and a Mercury dime (posted previously) for silver coins thus far. It's a little frustrating because I am frequently pulling out 1965 ~ 1969 quarters but can't seem to catch more silver. Oh well.

I have to say that for only a month at this, I'm pretty happy with just over $40.00 in clad, .60 cents Silver and one gold earing. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all of you.

Johnny

Attachments

• New and Old Finds Oct 2006.jpg
    New and Old Finds Oct 2006.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Nice Digs!!!!

Looks like someone will be busy cleaning clad this winter!
Give yourself time...The silver will come! Keep hitting that area hard.. Once you get all the clad out..Silver won't be too far behind!

Best of luck
ZoSo71
Silver Dave

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Congrats on your finds Johnny! Keep 'em coming!

Nana :)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, $40.00 for a month is real good! HH, Mike

OP
OP
Johnny Cache Hunter

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sparkymaster said:
Holly cow!!! That's a serious pile of quarters you got there.

I do have the bad habit, when I'm in a real trashy area or when I only have like an hour of time to hunt, to discriminate out all but quarters and dimes. I think that the Garrett 1500 is hot for quarters to begin with anyway, but in this mode I cover a wide area quickly and they really pop.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations that is one nice haul of coin you have there. I have not found a dollar of any denomination,but did get a barber half. That is a real nice pile you have found. Great digs.

Postalrevnant

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Heck if you can find that much clad in a month as an average, you will easily be able to pay for your detector inside a year!
:)

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice amount of clad

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Some mighty fine hunting for just a month! You could take that 40 dollars to a coin store this winter and buy yourself some more silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread