Double RINGS & Clay Pipe With a Face on it

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hooked up with a local friend who has been wanting to water hunt. He told me that he had a spot that we should try. I took into consideration that I might have been there before. Sure enough, when we got the parking area, it looked very familiar. I suited up, and into the water we went, five minutes into the hunt a ring in the bottom of the scoop. Thought maybe another Platnum for the year, but it turned into Titanium very quickly... Ok still a ring.... About fifteen minutes later another ring, this time YELLOW, I'm liking it, got that stupid monkey off my back... looked like older Gold too... Made my way towards a swim area, and a nice solid signal at neck deep, with the detector stretched out towards the open ocean, I dug very deep, I wanted to get it on the first scoop, bingo a silver quarter, and this odd shaped thing in the scoop.. walked in a little to get a better look, and it turned out to be a Clay Pipe with a figures Head on it. PLease Help me with this one. First one I ever found in water.. Another six silver coins and a lot of sinkers later I was on my way back home with riches from the sea... Turns out that the silver quarter was a Barber that's always a bonus....Thank You Ocean God... Happy Hunting Clay Pipe Stem (3).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (4).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (5).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (6).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (7).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (8).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (9).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (10).JPG Clay Pipe Stem (13).JPG

Attachments

• 3rd stage cleaning (1).JPG
    3rd stage cleaning (1).JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Upvote 3

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pipe is really interesting! Looks similar to the old trade pipes, but I don't think they made them with faces like that.... Substantial find for it's uniqueness alone!!
Of course, the coins and rings are nice too!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man , that's the mug of Ol' North Wind , very Kool pipe :o speaking of winds , have to get back to fixin' stinkin' damage caused by the Super Derecho .. trees down , no power , 100 degrees outside , roofs blown off .. what a mess but it could be worse :icon_scratch: maybe not

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a very unique piece of art work and a good one to do some homework on,
nice finds Whydah

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on all them great finds, the clay pipe is really cool :cool:

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sure found my fair share of pipes,,,but that one is just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ,Congrats :headbang:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find ! Sweet rings also !
Glen

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
very nice,your pipe is a "meerschaum pipe",look it up...

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how old it is and how long it took someone to make, what a spectacular find, way to go!!!

Mole Man

Jun 24, 2012
Longview, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

White's XLT

Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very neat finds. The pipe does look to be meerschaum as Marc (NB) points out. I have a few I picked up in Turkey, and they true works of art. Congrats on all your goodies.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pipe is Fantastic find - nice addition to any collection :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
very nice,your pipe is a "meerschaum pipe",look it up...
Marc.... I think you got it.... Thanks for the info... I did look through that site but was unable to see that exact pipe... I do beleive that is the same kind though... Thanks again now off to see how old it may be..... Happy Hunting

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Whydha,love that pipe, wonder how old it is.Happy hunting.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread